Schizophrenia.com

I watch anime all day

I am on winter break from school and I find myself watching anime all day. Rurouni Kenshin, Attack on Titan, Vinland Saga and Berserk are all very good. Attack on Titan is very popular in the US. I watched like every critically acclaimed american movie ever (im serious) last year to pass the time, so now I am checking out what Japanese movies and tv shows are good. I also like sushi. One of my best friends from high school is korean and he watches anime and reads manga too, even more than me, and he recommended some good ones. I take girls to my favorite japanese restaurant on first dates.

Anyone else into anime?

Only caught bits of anime while using the remote control to channel hop. No idea what it’s about and what makes for a good one.
Is it primarily for younger/under 30 viewers?/

Yep, its for males between 18 and 30…yeah theres a name for the genre that me and my friend like, its the kind where characters often die and there’s no way to predict what will happen, i think its called seinen or something. That’s one of the reasons I like it, western entertainment is always just good guys beating bad guys. Anime and Manga are more realistic in that the good guys lose arms or get killed instead of boringly beat the bad guy in a showdown.

For example, the first season of Berserk ends with the main character’s best friend selling his soul to become a demon and sacrificing all of his friends. The main character loses an eye and his left arm and his partner becomes insane from the trauma. Not for kids!

My sis used to watch Steamboy (steampunk anime and she is a steampunk) Dargonball not so bad…

and I’m sorry, (but she is a girl) Sailor Moon. If I never hear another episode of Sailor Moon it will be too soon.

I used to watch Naruto and Naruto Shippuden. Maybe I should watch it again…

A lot of good anime on Crunchyroll.com. Been watching Hayate the Combat Butler. Also saw the classic Express 999.
Like Inuyasha and Naruto. Also like Fullmetal Alchemist.

When I was younger I wanted to like anime. I watched Akira, Vampire Hunter D, Ghost in the Shell and a few more. I just didn’t like how everything got weird in the end. I also didn’t like the nudes in a cartoon.

The closest I’ve come to liking anime was when I watched Voltron as a kid.

(Yes, I know Voltron isn’t anime.) :slight_smile:

I love anime and manga, my partner prefers shoujo kind of manga and anime which is basically teen drama sometimes with some twists in it. I don’t know what kind i like, i love rurouni kenshin i use to have the whole first season on DVD.

1 Like

If you had the first season on dvd you should check out the prequel OVA. It’s called Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal. It’s worth watching, it stands on it’s own as a great movie.

1 Like

Is that the one where kenshin is married to his first wife and the story surrounding that? because i think i’ve seen it.

yeah thats it. He accidently kills her and she gives him the second half of his cross shaped scar…ah so poetic I love that series

watch Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann its very funny and very mood uplifting anime show

1 Like

I could use a shounen genre show…the ones that are funny and for teenagers…I used to watch soul eater but I couldn’t stand the english voices dub, the ninja guy was voiced by a girl…i mean come on, “black star” the ninja had a girl voicing him…it’s like they pick random people off the street to do the english versions!

I used to watch anime as well, I keep on watching the series until it ends up, then I fall into depression because there is no more episodes.

Yeah some series are incomplete which sucks…they usually come out with movies if the series was never finished. Like Evangelion…but those movies sucked