Schizophrenia.com

I was told I am not mentally ill

Here is what was said, You are not crazy because crazy people do not know they are crazy." I guess I will take what I can get. By the way, that is another gem from my ex-mother-in-law. She spent the whole marriage saying I am crazy and now she thinks I am not.

1 Like

That statement defeats itself. If crazy people don’t know they’re crazy then it would be impossible for anyone to know? So then everyone might as well be considered crazy. Haha

1 Like

It is her misunderstanding . . . it is not hard to find an a**hole.

4 Likes

Well by that logic she must be the crazy one.

3 Likes

Crazy is a very general term that only really defines a lack of understanding about the illness.

1 Like

Some people display a lack of insight. Generally if you are ill you have periods of lucidity and it is natural to look up symptoms and you become educated.

2 Likes

Wow I got told the same thing it was actually my sister she said "i don’t really think your crazy, no your not! " and someone else told me that too!

In other words… that’s BS. I may not have SZ, but I do have mental illnesses, and I am perfectly aware of the fact. There may be some I’m not aware of, I may not understand how they work or why I am this way, but being aware of abnormality doesn’t make you normal.

Since I was a kid I’ve always examined my own thoughts and motivations. That’s called insight, and it’s a good thing. But it doesn’t in any way mean that I don’t have OCPD, social anxiety, and emetophobia. It just means I’m keenly aware of the fact, and feel even worse about myself, because if I’m aware of my problems, I should be able to fix them.

2 Likes

“If crazy people do not know they are crazy” then the world is crazy my friends.

I was told “you’re not crazy, just different”.

What’s the difference between an "in-law"
and an “outlaw?”

“Outlaws”
…are wanted.

2 Likes