I was thinking about getting a fish tank

i m feeding my gold fish in a bowl…no problem at all.he is pretty healthy.i usually change all water and not keeping any old water in bowl.because this is for bigger aquarium for keeping good bacteria alive.im using old water just mix with new water in different place prevent osmotic shock.i don t need any nitrate cycling since i m changing all water and remove excess nitrate and ammonia with changing all water.i found more easy and satisfaction with bowl.you just need be careful for osmotic shock when change water and change the water every other day.thats all

2 Likes

Wouldnt that depend more on the pump, How many fishes etc

1 Like

My friend said this about cats. I said, “No that’s the cat boxes you mean.”

1 Like

Probably a combination of those factors I would guess, but if you have a too small tank for too many fish, I would think waste products would accumulate faster.

1 Like

Yeah, so no wrong to get a small tank.

I’m not an expert on any of this but just based on the reading I have done thus far, I would think a larger tank with fewer fish would be the optimal conditions for keeping them alive. Overcrowding a small tank sounds like a recipe for losing fish. Like I said though, I am by no means an expert on this.

3 Likes

Better recipe for losing fish is keeping them in a shark tank.

1 Like

This book especially good for understanding aquarium ecosystem

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.