I was super stupid and

I was super stupid and took 1 mg of Klonipin one night so I could get good sleep before going to the opera the next day, and then, at the opera, I drank one rum and coke and a half vodka and cranberry juice, and then after the opera, I went with my brother in law and sister to a Mexican restaurant and had dinner with a frozen Margarita on top of everything else. Well, that night, I did yoga, and got up quickly from corpse pose and got really dizzy. I went to the mirror and my smile was crooked. I thought I was having a stroke. So, I called up a triage nurse and told her everything. She told me to call the Poison Control Center. They told me it was the alcohol that was doing it. I forgot to tell them about the Klonipin. In the meantime, my smile straightened out. Anyway, the dizziness continued for about 40 hours. I spent all of that time in bed sleeping. My friend, on the phone, asked me, what was I trying to do, kill myself? I told her that I had forgotten all about taking the Klonipin the night before, when I was drinking.

1 Like

One time I took 2 Ativan to get a really good nights rest and a little while later a girlfriend called and talked me into going out drinking and dancing. I forgot about the Ativan until after I started drinking and I had to run to the bathroom to go throw up. It was terribly embarrassing and not a nice night at all.

1 Like

Maybe a real man could take tranquillizers and then drink, but not me.

Jayster

Klonopin can stay in the system for a while however the main issue I learned about between mixing klonopin and alcohol is that both slow down your nervous system, thus can make you really sleepy and if you do fall asleep you can stop breathing. I have never heard of them causing stroke-like symptoms.

I would highly recommend you go in for some physical tests just to see if everything is ok. My dad recently had a VERY similar scare, and he found out his heart was in afib, resulting in the “mini-stroke” you described. After treatment he’s now fine. Chronic high blood pressure can lead to things like that too.

1 Like

I just checked my pulse and it feels very strong and regular. I just had a complete workup less than a month ago and everything came out negative for any heart, blood pressure or neuro problems. I am not feeling dizzy now and I have strong grips and no neurological deficits now. I think I am alright.

1 Like

If you had a mini stroke you should see a doctor regardless :disappointed: Better safe than sorry. They generally do not cause any serious damage (my dad felt fine after it passed eventually too) but are a huge warning sign that something is not right and can eventually become much worse if nothing is done.

No harm comes from seeing the doctor about it, even if it was just a weird reaction and nothing more.

1 Like

Umwtf, you guys are mentally ill and drinking! You could die! Hopefully, you don’t drive! How the ■■■■ are meds supposed to work if drinking? I’m sorry but people who drink and are mentally ill create the stigma behind mental illness!

1 Like