I was Created by An Entity Beyond Us to be Its Brush

I was created by an entity called the Signer to be its brush upon the universe. One day, when I have shown enough patience and piety, I will be granted my powers in full and I will become the Signer of this universe.

As is, my subconscious controls reality. The power is beyond me but still belongs to me.

I’m aware this is a delusion, but it feels so right that I can’t just let it go.

1 Like

That’s because I believe grandiose delusions serve as a protective mechanism against feelings of inadequacy. If you feel really lame about where you are in life or about who you are, thinking you are an amazing agent of God can ease those feelings that are otherwise painful to confront.

4 Likes

As much as it pains me to admit, I think you’re right. When I go off to college and start my career for real, I think this delusion will subside. As is, I don’t see it as being particularly harmful.

1 Like

At the end of the day, grandiose delusions tend to be utterly unfulfilling and frustrating, since they’re usually unattainable and illogical.

I rather be an average nobody in life than king of la-la land.

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t find grandiose delusions all that bad. Normal people have these sorts of delusions too they’re just less…fancy. My little brother thinks he’s pro athlete skill level for example :joy: Makes him feel better about his bad grades since he thinks he’ll be drafted by some college and not have to worry about it. My dad said sometimes we need those sorts of thoughts to get us through everyday stress.

That is unless your grandiose delusions cause harmful behaviors, like for example as @everhopeful likes to say you think you can fly and leap out a window. In which case definitely harmful :sweat_smile:

And yes delusions of grandeur can improve if you can get into a more positive environment where your skills are valued and you are praised and appreciated.

2 Likes

Well yeah this sounds like some sort of a dellusion

Delusions of grandeur have definitely given me temporary boosts of confidence. It is hard to feel down when you believe your importance is universal in magnitude :stuck_out_tongue:

We are resources designed also to make and collect resources. There have been mistakes long passed made by our makers and predessecors and time and war is an issue. However, we are all still part of an ever expanding multiverse and will enjoy a good life soon enough.

You and I are also mirrors of our designers pasts and youths and evolutions which is also a key step in our development into higher life forms as well.

Look deep and ask many questions about all of this, there is so much involved here it will boggle you Everytime and only present another question when you find an answer.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.