I was asked questions

are you still at the psych ward or back at the foster home?

Still at the psych ward

I mean, if you’ve ever had a hint of psychosis, these are going to be typical questions asked to you. It’s not dumb, it’s part of the process

2 Likes

Well you’re right

my pdoc still asks me questions like this, even though I’m doing somewhat well. Just answer them truthfully – if you feel you’re having problems, that’s okay! Just be honest with your pdoc. And if you feel you’re doing well, just answer “no” to the questions. No biggie.

1 Like

I agree with Daze. What are your goals?

1 Like

My goal is to study math in uni one day

1 Like

Start by learning Calculus, if you haven’t already

KhanAcademy videos are very good on Calculus

1 Like

I lack the prereqs for calculus

1 Like

Take the pre-calculus course first

1 Like

Haha :laughing: you’re always promoting Khan Academy!! They should give you commissions!! Good for you though!

1 Like

Well, I genuinely find it an excellent resource so I don’t mind promoting it free of charge. It’s a non-profit anyway

1 Like

I think it was @Ninjastar that said knowing trigonometry first is helpful for calculus. Anyway if you know what the prerequisites are then take those first.

1 Like

It’s useful to know the basics of trigonometry when you get to taking derivatives of trig functions like sine and cosine in Calculus

1 Like

The key principle in Calculus is finding the slope of a tangent line to the curve - that’s what taking the derivative is all about.

You start with a secant line, then take the limit till it becomes a tangent to the curve

That’s what I remember

Former Math Nerd :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very interesting :face_with_monocle: stuff. I took trig as part of civil engineering classes. I really liked it. Never got around to Calc. I did algorithms and logarithms. I liked those too. Though the only thing I remember about algorithms and logarithms is that I enjoyed them.

1 Like

@ajassat is the khan academy only math?

They do math, science, finance, economics and history

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.