I was a bad mom

I made sure they were fed and had a nice place to live and had clean, new cloths. They had enriching activities away from the home and lots of educational activities in the home. I told them I loved them all the time but I was so checked out mentally, so stressed trying to get everything done. Then when they got older I got so sick I isolated. It was like I abandoned them. Oh, I know it’s not my fault, but it’s not their fault either, poor things. I would change so many things if I could.

2 Likes

Sounds like a good mom to me!

1 Like

My mom was like that. Physically, we were clean, clothed and fed. But she was emotionally unavailable I know she couldn’t help it, too. It was all she knew from the way she was raised. At least her ways gave me longevity - so I have a lot of time to forgive her for her weaknesses. :heart:

1 Like

I had a bad mom so I know what they look like. I also know what good moms look like because of this. My childhood would have been so much better with you in it @Leaf.

:heart:

p.s. You’re aware of my bluntness by now. If I thought you were a crap parent you know I would say exactly that. I really mean it when I’m complimenting you. And, uh, your ankles.

2 Likes

From what I read you’re a great mum.

It’s important to isolate sometimes cos if you don’t it could worsen the situation.

1 Like

Uh. first, thank you for the kindness. Second, thank you for the perspective. I’ve read enough tidbits about your childhood to know you had a bad mom. I would like to change my statement to “I wasn’t the best mom”. I didn’t stop to think about all the horribly bad moms out there. I just see so many missed opportunities to teach them and nurture them and arm them.

Thank you Canuky.

1 Like

@LittleMissSlothy you know that’s true. Thanks

1 Like

My mom also. I think I did a little better at showing love, but still not enough apparently.

2 Likes

Imma point out that you were the best mom you could be in the place and time you were in. That still gets you an A+.

:heart:

1 Like

I think tonight I’m going to bite your ankle

2 Likes

I’m a terrible mom. I hope one day my kids will forgive me.

Why is the well being of children always placed on women.

So messed up. My mom tried her best to provide for 4 kids as a single parent. Worked 3 jobs. Went to jail because they accused her of welfare fraud. We had to grow up on our own.

I think women should not be so hard on themselves. What about the men. Why don’t they ever question themselves.

1 Like

Not you too.

Your kids are prolly gonna tell stories about how amazing you were.

Do I need to come over and bite some ankles?!?

Because I will.

I did constantly. Still do sometimes. I’m just old enough and have enough perspective now to know that while I wasn’t the best dad, I also certainly wasn’t the worst.

4 Likes

You don’t have to be perfect or the best. The fact that you care is enough.

I have checked out, too. I miss me, but I don’t know where I went. I think I am a bad mom. I was too strict on my oldest, not there for my youngest. My son, middle, got a weird combination of both.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.