I wanted to impress someone sooo badly

When I was a kid, my main reason for doing anything was to impress someone. I guess I just didn’t think much of myself. Adults are more qualified to be judged by their worth. Kids shouldn’t have to worry about it seems to me.

4 Likes

And yet here we are.

1 Like

Yeah for sure! I started smoking to impress a girl. Silly things we do when young!

2 Likes

Yes. Do you ever try to justify your existence? My brain just goes blank.

2 Likes

I feel like I’ve been trying to do that for years and fail a lot.

When I was a angry teenager, I refused to help, to do my share. It was very selfish of me. Now, at least, I can realize that an adult is expected to pitch in if he can. For we szs, that’s a big IF but I’ll bet there are a few things most of us could work toward.

1 Like

I really wish I could do more…

So do I but I am at least aware that it is fierce headaches that stop me, not stubbornness.

2 Likes

Yeah I guess that is a good way of looking at it. Something that is out of our control is stopping us, not us. We are willing, but not able. We are not omnipotent.

2 Likes

Tell that to everyone around me irl. I just can’t stand having such high expectations! I’m ■■■■■■■ mentally ill! I cant do and be everything. I’ve made mistakes in life and they haunt me to this day! Why did I get dealt this hand of cards?

3 Likes

They want to push you to achieve your dreams maybe?

That’s what I want to do…

I’m about to put an end to poker nights, too! Speaking of cards!I work my ass off people pleasing and all I get are drunken thank you s and yes mother when I take their keys.

1 Like

No I’m supposed to be superwoman. I’m making beer battered pretzels and my hubby wants me to clean the bathroom where one of his friends puked…he was in heat all day and only hydration was beer

1 Like

Honestly I would love that if I got that a little bit more from people. But I understand it’s not universal.

They sound like drunken dwarves. Like they only want you to think your purpose in life is to only serve them.

1 Like

And I’ve let yesterdays setback go. I processed it and AM trying to move on

1 Like

That’s very admirable. I wish I could be more like you.

1 Like

Yes it is. They also want me to make the snacks for the Memorial Day tourney!

1 Like

Nobody ever asks what I want! Very simple…to feel safe and loved!

1 Like

Sounds like you are Cinderella.

1 Like

I’d bitch slap those step sisters so fast

1 Like