I wanted to be sent home

Failing or misbehaving, that was my motive.

I remember skipping school all the time in 2nd grade.

1 Like

For me, it didn’t happen until high school and college and beyond.

2 Likes

I skipped then too

2 Likes

Me too.

I skipped quite a few at uni. I could not be asked

I wasn’t enjoying the people that’s why

1 Like

Yeah, in my youth the only thing I liked about school was cutting class. Cutting class was my first priority. Nothing else about high school interested me. Well, actually, smoking pot out in the field at lunch was a close second.

1 Like

I was hardly ever at school my senior year. I took a lot of what I called mental health days. The school eventually had to start threatening me with detention to get me to come to class.

2 Likes

Me too, at uni, plus they didn’t do a registration so it was all fine to miss loads of classes… Wat a waste

2 Likes

I would often be “sick” in elementary or miss the bus in middle/high school to avoid going. In high school, I was meant to be held back a grade for missing so many days. Luckily my mom fought it and I was able to graduate on time.
Almost all of them were mental health days, even though I feigned physical illness. It makes me sad to remember how it felt like no one was willing to help me. I’m glad my mom understood in the end. I really loved learning, still do, just not in that environment.

When in elementary school I complained about feeling sick one day to be sent to school. Ended up throwing up in front of the whole class and my mother felt guilty about sending me in. She was a great and nice woman and I used that for many mental health days afterwards.

I was always pretty good at school. I was smart till I was 15 then I spiraled downwards. Still. Cutting classes and days with friends was pretty common.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.