I wanted extreme wealth

This comes as a confession. I have been a very snobbish person, wanting only riches that I wouldn’t have to work for. No wonder I had social problems. I wonder if I can change my whole personality at this time, viewing people without having dollar signs in my eyes.

4 Likes

I think most people dream of extreme wealth. That’s why the lottery is so popular all over the world.

4 Likes

It’s so insecure and ungratifying to make money be an obsession.

2 Likes

Since I saw how my family deals when they have money, I only want what is enough to survive…
I wouldn’t want to enherit any…

2 Likes

The only people who say money doesn’t matter are the people with lots of money. :wink: Money itself doesn’t make people happy, but being able to afford medical bills, pay for a mortgage or rent, pay for a car, etc… That really helps people to be happy. Not having to worry about getting to the next paycheck takes a lot of stress off of you.

Anyway, I don’t think it’s bad that you want wealth. It’s hard to get by in this world as it is.

5 Likes

Yeah, I would be lying to myself if I said extra money would not make life a bit easier.

Cover my basic needs and extra for things like technology stuff that are costly.

One thing less to worry about.

But excess wealth is not important to me.

1 Like

I’ve always wished I could change my personality to be a better person that is more likeable

1 Like

Yes. I wish I wasn’t so cold.

1 Like

i have also seen what family and friends do with what they do for alot of money

they turn on each other and have fights over it

i just want to be comfortable and not have enough to share not being selfish just not want to loose relationship

1 Like

Money can’t fix my sz. Having a moderate amount of money is great but more is useless to me.

2 Likes

I really have no desire for extreme wealth, outside of what I could do with it for family and friends. I am satisfied with enough to remain comfortable.

In my youth, I may have enjoyed extreme wealth, but I don’t have much desire for a lot of luxuries these days.

I think a lot of my reasoning came from low self-esteem and also going to a “rich kid’s college”.

1 Like

But now you are older.
You can see people without dollar signs?

1 Like

Yes, I can - but maybe only because I am ok financially, now. It was the way I saw myself, really. I thought people only noticed the rich.

1 Like

I see. Yeah sounds like you just wanted to fit in.

1 Like

If you want riches, then you need to spend less than what goes out. It is the only thing that works. Most rich people don’t spent more than what they earned. But then you got riches, but not much else… haha

1 Like

I like financial independence and enough to live a comfortable life and some savings.

I don’t desire extreme wealth.

I did too but right now a roof over my head and food on my plate is good enough.

As long as I can afford my holidays I don’t want extreme wealth although a 52 week a year holiday would be nice backpacking around the world.

This will do it.
I went to High School in a rich kid district and compared and felt embarrassed I wasn’t.
Grew out of it knowing how its just not important to me.
Especially with apathy - my materialism has gone opposite.
Wanting things in moderation should be healthy and I don’t want anything anymore.