I want to walk

I’m tired of being on oxygen. I want to be able to go for a walk. I’m going to go out on the back deck, without oxygen, and walk back and forth until my lungs are strong enough to get off oxygen altogether. We have meters to check me with so there will be no risk. It’s been 4 years since I got pneumonia and had to go on oxygen. I’m finally motivated to work my way off it.

5 Likes

Just make sure someone is with you and get it cleared by your primary dr first. Good luck!!!

Have you looked into the machines that are battery powered and make their own oxygen? :koala::koala::koala:

I’m never alone and I already climb stairs to do laundry. I was already told that my own feelings are the best judge and, if I feel confident, to go for it. I assure you, I’m not going to be a fool.

4 Likes

Yes, I have one and they’re damn heavy. I want to be free again.

2 Likes

Well I wish you the best @PinCushion!!!

1 Like

Good for you @PinCushion Never too late to add some moderate or light exercise.

1 Like

Good on you @PinCushion! Take it slow though. Build up your tolerance. Otherwise you may have a bad experience and lose your confidence when you go to do it again. Good luck! :wink::wink:

1 Like

good luck @PinCushion =)
i hope you will be able to do those things without extra oxygen.

1 Like

I tried it this morning. I didn’t last long but that’s alright. I hope to improve in time. :athletic_shoe:

1 Like

The one I saw on TV weights 2.8 lbs. :horse::horse::horse:

1 Like

Mine weighs more than that. It is also clumsy.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.