I want to stop taking caffeine. Some tips?

I want to stop taking caffeine.
Some tips?

2 Likes

Wean off it or else u will get bad headaches. Try buying decaf and drinking half decaf half regular. Same amount. Then go from there

4 Likes

Substitute decaff so your brain thinks it’s still getting what it wants

2 Likes

try to get juices, rather than sodas. apple juice is very good.

1 Like

Some people say do it slowly. I disagree. I get the headache no matter how slowly I go. So I just pick three days in a row when I have nothing going on and just go cold turkey. Those three days are awful, but it’s better than dragging it out over weeks.

1 Like

Why? Small to moderate amounts of caffeine are pretty innocuous.

1 Like

I think the decaf technique is pretty good. I know I suggested the half decaf half caffeine wean off thing but when I was in the hospital, the last day I was there, some girl told me “It aint even real coffee!!! Its been decaf the whole time even the first cup of the day!!!” (I was under the impression that the first cup was regular that we had with breakfast, and the rest were decaf. But by telling myself that the first cup was regular, my placebo’d mind didn’t get one headache there from caffeine withdrawal.)

I did CHEW nicotine gum though, I was allergic to the nicotine patch.

1 Like

Cut down and keep track of how much you do take and find alternatives. Keeping bottled water in the fridge does help also. I filter tap water and fill up old coke bottles around 600ml and try to take with me when I go out to stop me buying drinks when I’m out and about which does help.

1 Like

Drink decaf coffee.

1 Like

I couldn’t live without my coffee

2 Likes

I just started to go cold turkey on coffee. I’m hoping to not have one again anytime soon.

coffee is so intense for me or any energy drink like redbull or something like that.

It really â– â– â– â– â–  me up i cant think straight makes me go wild. Ive stopped drinking it completely.

Coffee cannot be good. It gives me racing heart palpitations and i get into attack mode. I have banned myself from it. cold turkey for like 2 years.

1 Like

hi, tried going off caffeine myself a few times… get ice cold sweats waking up and awful headaches… but personally i try to go cold turkey from any drug i want to go off…
ps… was drinking 10 cups a day habit from that… but back to coffee again… worst luck… cant stay off it without feeling drained…

Flavored un caffeinated beverages help. I take a lot of Excedrin though. Darn those headaches :frowning:

If u limit yourself to 1-2 cups a day you shouldn’t have any withdrawal effects, at least in my case I don’t get any.

1 Like

you could switch to tea

I’m so bad with quitting substances, I always just drop them flat out. Caffeine withdrawal can be miserable though. I typically get a migraine that lasts like an entire day and then I’m very sluggish and low energy for a week.