I want to do a Phd in mathematics

Just for general knowledge both my parents have mathematics education and my father has a Phd.
It doesn’t matter much but I guess it is only natural for me to also do a Phd in mathematics.
I like it.
It is unrealistic because of my condition but if I were healthy that’s what I would try to do.

7 Likes

I think you deserve the chance to complete your education. It’s a pity this illness struck when you were in your prime. But bear in mind that in a few years there will be better drugs for cognition and you can fulfill your dream. Never stop hoping!!

3 Likes

Erez u can do it my man

Best of luck for ur dream…

4 Likes

God is a mathematician.

some mathematicians have schizophrenia like john nash and his son .though he got schizophrenia after his phd .make sure you dont work too hard as john probarbly got schizophrenia after working too hard

I want a phd in physics. Which obviously you learn math too. You could always try to go to school and see how it goes. You never know.

2 Likes

if you could find some online classes that are at your own pace… I would imagine that would be easier as you can work on it on your good days and just skip if you didn’t feel up to it…

thanks folks you are so kind and supportive…
I think that the chances are slim,
but to try- why not…
I will keep trying…

7 Likes

@Erez_Shmerling I think you have been doing really well lately based upon what I see in your posts!!! One step at a time and you’ve done 100 steps in the past couple weeks!! At this rate you’re on your way to the phd !!! Good luck :+1::four_leaf_clover: :grin: Just don’t get discouraged if you have a bad day or 2, remember “this too shall pass”.

6 Likes