I want to be the richest man in Israel

@anon35453467 You do not know that, and secondly your post is very discouraging

Schizophrenic represent 1% of the world population whereas billionaires represent an even smaller percentage.

1 Like

@anon35453467 while I do not disagree with you entirely. However, there are some very successful people who have been diagnosed with mental health conditions such as Schizophrenia.

Furthermore, by suggesting that one can not amass great fortune or success, is simply false and discouraging. Why would you want to discourage others? If that is what you believe for yourself then that is fine, but I find it surprising and disappointing that someone who seems as intelligent as yourself, would post something so untoward.

1 Like

@Qwerty1 Apparently some people don’t like the truth and my posts have been flagged for it.

Sure, there are probably some successful schizophrenics out there maybe in the Arts, Entertainment or scholarly accomplishments such as John Nash. But my point was not in the field of wealth & business.

1 Like

@anon35453467 are we having a genuine conversation? I do believe that you are obtuse, but you are starting appear as though you are.

What you are imply is that there are no high functioning individuals who are schizophrenic… that Is luduious. I am genuinely appaulled that you even believe that for yourself.

So does this mean that you have given up?

1 Like

@Qwerty1 As I stated there are some but few high functioning schizophrenics out there such as John Nash and Jake Lloyd who played Anakin Skywalker in the Phantom Menace.

I just want to inform people of the factual truth but in reality, apparently, not everyone wants to hear the truth.

@anon35453467 I do not know the person you speak of, however, I imagine an actor. I am referring to high functioning, even in science and business. It is not a question of whether people want to hear the truth, because that is not the truth.

Do take into consideration that many people do not advise their illness. You do not possess the health records of every business man,ceo or billlionaire. Recently ceos who have Alzheimer’s/dementia have spoken out.

I built and maintained a business for over decade and I am now building another in which will compliment the doctorate I willl pursue after my degree.

What you stated previously is not the truth but your opinion, and ordinarily I would have said to myself “that’s his opinion, I diagree, but it’s his” but to publish in this type of environment, not only do I find it juvenile but also inconsiderate (just my opinion)

@Qwerty1 Name one CEO that has revealed that they are schizophrenic. None, it would send their corporate shares down and there would be doubt in the leadership of the company if a CEO were to have the disease.

You have to take a sample size of the schizophrenic population to extrapolate a statistical picture of how the majority of schizophrenics are doing. The only people who have this information are psychiatrists of large metropolitan areas.

Your opinion is duly noted. It’s possible to hypothesize what the facts are by reasoning other information at hand. Perhaps it’s a cultural thing as East Asians and European Americans see differently what the successes and failures are in schizophrenics.

@anon35453467 That is exactly my point!! You have made the point for me!! You are suggesting that there are none, and I am telling you that, you do not know that for the very same reason you have just stated.

You also said: You have to take a sample size of the schizophrenic population to extrapolate a statistical picture of how the majority of schizophrenics are doing. The only people who have this information are psychiatrists of large metropolitan areas.

You speak as though you understand how this research would need to be conducted… As someone studying in this field, I can reassure you that the above is a very simplistic and naive view of it.

@Qwerty1 Most schizophrenic symptoms occur in the early 20s in men and 30s in women. The disease also causes a loss of life fulfillment due to whatever reasons that schizophrenia causes. Usually the stories of successful business owners or top brass CEOs do not go through these stages in life. The wealthy go to Universities like Harvard or Standford. The best engineers go to like MIT. To have schizophrenia during these early years of learning will take its toll on the individual.

1 Like

I don’t know why you’re being flagged…i think you bring up good points.

3 Likes

Yeah, I don’t know either. But it isn’t the first time nor the last.