I’ve decided…

I’ve decided to become a vegan.

7 Likes

I was a vegan for 10 years, until Covid and my provider just didn’t have time to cook specially for me. I loved it. Now that I eat meat again, I am so much more in respect of it than I was. Anyway, as a vegan, my weight stabilized.

1 Like

I’ve decided to become a Vulcan. Live long and prosper. :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

Why…? You’re missing out on Vitamin A, B6 (Pyridoxal, pyridoxamine), B12, D, F, K2
Amino acids : creatine, carnitine, carnosine, taurine
Heme-iron, CoQ10, Cholesteral, CLA

You don’t get any of these things in plants.

1 Like

I think most become vegan/vegetarian is because of ethical reasons. I’m not a vegetarian but I do eat more vegetarian food and I eat less meat.

Have you seen how animals are treated before slaughter? Do you know how much of an impact meat production has on our climate? Did you know that farming leads to deforestation?

2 Likes

What about human health? You’re literally starving yourself

2 Likes

No, there’s all kinds of vegetarian substitutes. My favorite is veggie burgers. They taste better than meat and make you go full. There’s vegetarian- bacon, sausage, beef, hamburgers and so on. I myself hate tofu and never eat it. I still can eat vegetarian alternatives. So just because you stop eating meat doesn’t mean that you are stuck with noodles and tofu.

1 Like

Why do all vegans imitate meat foods? Why do they crave it?

2 Likes

I don’t know but I think the transition, going from meat to vegetarian is an easy step to make. You should try it out. Try a veggie burger. You have nothing to lose. :wink:

2 Likes

I was a vegetarian for 15 years. I was only a vegan for 3 months. I only started eating meat again after I had a stroke and my mom insisted I have salmon 2x a week. But, I’m not doing that anymore anyway.

It’s time to go back for sure.

My reasons have always been environmental and I take supplements.

Good luck to you! I personally couldn’t do veganism as I rely on meat and other animal products for much of my diet especially due to texture issues with most foods.

2 Likes

I never ate nor craved imitation meats when I was vegan. I didn’t enjoy any of them. I ate a lot of veggies, whole grains, fruit, etc.

I am on a very strict diet. I only eat vegans and vegetarians. :leafy_green:

2 Likes

Yay.! Go vegan ism! :smiley:

1 Like

I have pulsatile tinnitus, a binge eating disorder, am overweight, and stroke runs on both sides of my family.

One of the reasons which is why I’ve been trying to become plant based for many months.

Good luck :smiley:

1 Like

I was a vegan for 7-8 years.

1 Like

Sometimes I think plant protein is easier to digest than animal protein. Plant protein is supposed to be missing a couple of important amino acids, but you can solve that problem by mixing different kinds of plant proteins.

2 Likes

I’m a vegetarian. I love dairy products too much.

1 Like

Yes, we are very tasty.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.