Schizophrenia.com

I’ve decided I’m going to start my new medicine Saturday night because

I’m visiting with my dad during the day Saturday and don’t want to be dealing with side effects.

4 Likes

Smart plan! How are you feeling about your visit with Dad? Is your sister going with you?

My sister and I are both going, and my husband will be with me too. I think it should be good.

1 Like

Good! I’m glad for you all.

1 Like

I try things like that but it ends up biting me. I know exactly how you feel. You just want a relatively normal mindset, I usually think everything will miraculously be better, but I get at my worse with family because of the touching of doses. I know your pdoc is weaning you off zyprexa but if I were you just pretend Saturday is the new med night, and Friday is the wean off or your not going to have enough chemical balance if you wean yourself off tonight. Just take the regular dose tonight.

2 Likes

No offense, but to me, this sounds like an excuse. As bad as your symptoms are while you’re on the meds, I’ve learned the hard way that they’re so much worse without it. It’s like they’re barely keeping me sane, as if a single missing piece on a track causing a train to derail.

2 Likes

Yeah @Winterblues I’m not going to start weaning off until Saturday night

1 Like

Okay, you’re lucky your pdoc let’s you wean off. My pdocs never had me wean off and I had at least 10 med changes in my life time

1 Like

That’s awful. Mine puts me on a schedule where I take less and less of the old men every day until I stop it, and more and more every day of the new med until I’m at full dose

1 Like

That makes sense. I went into complete psychosis a month after I started an injection last year and it’s probably because my pdoc didn’t do that

1 Like

Yeah. Your body is used to the drug so stopping it all at once would probably be hard on your body.

1 Like

I threw up blood the first morning, it was very hard, and I didn’t sleep for over 24 hrs a lot of the night. Couldn’t read a paragraph without getting lost in thought. Boy, it was h3ll

1 Like

Oh my gosh! That’s so scary! Did you go to the hospital or call your dr?!

1 Like

Just told my case manager and she said go to the ER. I didn’t want to go though because I was having delusions of going there, so I toughed it out. I was so tempted to take an old med just to get some sleep. In December my boyfriend sang me to sleep and I was emotionally hysterical that day. Felt like a diff dimension. Glad those days are over. I had an awful holiday season!

1 Like

Wow. That sounds rough. I’m glad you made it through

1 Like

Thanks! 151515151

1 Like