I used to take photos/videos on my phone to break my severe OCD compulsion

My OCD was really bad back in the day, so I used my phone to take pictures or record videso so to confirm myself that there won’t be any hazard because everything checks out as I could just pull my phone out and check the evidence.

My brain was fried from AP but OCD later subsided when meds stopped. Amisulpride caused my manic OCD by the way.

4 Likes

That’s a really good coping skill. I’m glad it helps you

2 Likes

I still do that. Take pics of doors, locks, windows, stoves, heaters etc

It removes me from the 2nd guessing equation

1 Like

I also seem to have ocd but caused by clozapine, I have read that Amisulpride helps prevent OCD. I take both. Do you also take clozapine? Have you also heard of fluvoxamine, I read that it helps with OCD symptoms but may cause an irregular heart beat when combined with Amisulpridse.

I obsessively think about colours in my head - it’s not like OCD where you check doors the gas etc. Does this qualify as OCD or is it something else?

1 Like

It does look like you are on some overdrive. For me it wasn’t even a OCD per say but some form of hysteria where I couldn’t leave house without almost breaking door knob. I mean I knew that the door was locked but I kept breaking it for no reason.

I took clozapine in hospital and these events followed post hospitalization. So I think it is possible that it was some aftershock from clozapine. Because I took that too. But I won’t go into anecdotes further. Just sharing personal experiences.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.