I think what I've been suffering from is PTSD

At first it started in 2015, sudden flashbacks of things that happened in my first time psychosis 2010-2011. Then it started mutating to resentment, me having reaction to my thoughts, saying things back to my thoughts, it’s been 5 years.

I googled treatments for PTSD, and apparently SSRI is great, but I already tried Escitalopram for like 8 months, it did absolutely nothing. I tried Zoloft, it made me hyper. I am still taking Benzos and exercise is helping but some days it’s so bad, I can’t cope with the intrusive thoughts. I have no idea what to do. I tried a mood stabilizer it didn’t do anything.

I did 15 sessions of CBT, my therapist taught me not to have reaction to my thoughts, just treat them as thoughts, they come and go but it’s so hard.

1 Like

Did you try emdr ? I have a vague memory that you did. But it might be worth another go.

That’s all I can think of.

1 Like

I tried EMDR, nothing is working. I took Clonazepam 0.5 mg, it worked great. I was even able to drive with it and it numbed my intrusive thoughts down but it made me suicidal. It’s been FIVE YEARS. I wanna be happy and enjoy life. My doctor does not know what will help me.

If Clonazepam and l-theanine work somewhat then it sounds like you need something for anxiety. I.e. if you treat your anxiety then it might sort out your intrusive thoughts.

1 Like

Do you have a suggestion. L-Theanine is no longer working, it only improves my sleep quality. I am taking xanax, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

I use this for anxiety (beta alanine)

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Now-Foods-Sports-Beta-Alanine-Endurance-750-mg-120-Veg-Capsules/13949

Take 2 capules on waking (1500mg)

Then late at night take 500mg (1 capsule of taurine). Otherwise you might get muscle cramps from beta alanine.

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Now-Foods-Taurine-500-mg-100-Capsules/852

Finally broccoli sprout extract works wonders for me. I get distressed if I don’t take it.

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Source-Naturals-Broccoli-Sprouts-Extract-60-Tablets/2456

I tried Broccoli Sprout extract, it didn’t work. I wonder if I should try the pill version.

Try the one I’ve linked to. It works great for me. Take 2 pills on waking.

Give all 3 supplements a go. Hopefully one (or the combination of all 3) will help.

Can I mix it with L-Theanine?

Yes. You can. But I’ve been able to cut my l-theanine intake by half since I started taking beta alanine. The 2 together were a bit too sedating so I cut back on l-theanine.

1 Like

Okay so
2 pills Beta Alanine on waking up.
1 pill Broccoli on waking

1 pill broccoli at night
1 pill Taurine at night

Is this correct?

2 pills beta alanine on waking
2 pills broccoli sprout on waking

1 pill taurine at night.

From the stuff I’ve linked to.

1 Like

I will try it

15 characters

1 Like

Let us know how you get on !

1 Like

Okay great thank you. I tried Magnesium and it didn’t work.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.