I think Nixon suffered from dementia

My psychotic break happened during his reign. I can’t blame him, though, as it was coming on anyway. I think it just felt like it made it public somehow. I probably identified with him.

It’s been said before that he was paranoid.

1 Like

It’s also been said that a country at war is a country in psychosis.

1 Like

I remember watching the Watergate hearings on TV when I was in sixth grade.

“I am not a crook”, lol.

For all of Nixon’s faults he did some really great things when he was in office. Visiting China and opening relations with them was just one of them.

“Have you seen the cat with no whiskers.”

What I love about greens is that they stay green and fresh in the fridge.

My dad used to hang up mint to dry in the sun.

Puppeteering is always better coloured red.

Front men tend to have worry beads.

I’ll go with the flow and pretend I understand.

I’m half Greek by the way.

I remember reading that Reagan was probably in the early stages of Alzheimer’s during his presidency. I guess this kind of stuff can happen when you’re really up there in age and you’re the president of the United States.

Reagan had really dark hair well into his seventies but claimed he never dyed it.

1 Like

Okay…Is Nixon around in the senate these days,where Chinas is becoming a major player in the world…Or what is going on in American politics…

Nixon died a long time ago. I don’t keep up with politics as much as I want to. Trump might get re-elected though just based on the fact that the economy is relatively good. He’s done a raft of questionable activities, some of them could be criminal.

1 Like

Okay but how is the foreign policy doing…?? Mexico and all that talk about border lines turning into a wall??

Most of what I know is from headlines on the net. Apparently the wall between Mexico and the U.S. will end up costing an exorbitant amount of money to build and for upkeep.

Mexico is, SEEN from a european perspective completely irrelevant as a trade parter, but probably important as a criminal element, cocaine and such…

It doesnt even count as a south american spanish speaking country according to national foreign office information…
haha
i used to work there 15 years ago, for one year only.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.