I think it is OK to dislike some people/a person as long as you still wish them well

I understand the truth hurts concept but some people say things in absoluteley ridiculous ways

More hurt than necessary

These people generally pay for it with time outs

Work for the mods but makes it a more pleasant part of the internet

Elsewhere itā€™s a lot worse

Sometimes I scroll through FB comments and people on there are plain nasty to each other

2 Likes

I have to admit I do do that myself too sometimes but am working on reducing thatā€¦ At least Iā€™m trying

That is regarding people who say things in more hurtful ways than necessary in violent ways.

1 Like

The world discriminates against the sensitive soul. Thatā€™s probably the first lesson my parents wanted to teach me.

1 Like

I think it just takes practice to have less violent communication. Like making a new habit.

Iā€™m not sureā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s a style of communication. Some people are more direct. Others indirect. There are also differences amongst cultures.

Some people like pushing others their buttons too.

1 Like

I donā€™t like the violent style of communication.

People sometimes say things in ways that can be worded differently with the same message no?

Iā€™m just so fed up of violence in any shape or form.

1 Like

I mean too inflammatory type of communication not violent.

Sometimes the message ā€˜sticksā€™ better if it hurts.

Politicians use it all the time.

But I guess you dislike politiciansā€¦

I think it is absolutely great that some people can be so direct. I honestly do.

But certain use of words I feel is very hurtful.

I donā€™t know any politicians.

But about the message sticking betterā€¦

You make a good point

I donā€™t know whatā€™s best.

1 Like

I guess Iā€™m afraid to be so direct that it is very inflammatory because I fear no one will like me.

It doesnā€™t mean Iā€™m a liar I donā€™t think if I try and take a less direct approach does it? Orā€¦

1 Like

It doesnā€™t make you a liar.

You just dislike hurting peoples feelings.

I just dislike being disliked by everyone to the extent they donā€™t want to see or talk to me.

If I talk direct

1 Like

I love this quote.

Now matter what you say or do 1/3 of people will like you. 1/3 will dislike you and 1/3 wonā€™t care.

2 Likes

Lol

In my case most people wonā€™t like me, I predict.

1 Like

But I donā€™t know

I hate it when people are hated for things they have no control over.

1 Like
  • Mae doesnā€™t like me
  • Mae likes me
  • I donā€™t like Mae
  • I like Mae

0 voters

1 Like

There are people I dislike that I wish would improve because it would be better for everyone. I admit that there are a select few I wouldnā€™t mind see dying slowly, screaming in pain. In my defence they have it coming.

4 Likes