I think I'm okay partner not so sure

I’ve been losing weight by eating less and exercising more. I told my partner I only eat until I’m not hungry anymore. I went from 389 to 335 in about 6 months not big weight loss according to most popular opinions. My partner is concerned. I told her my goal for weight loss is being allowed to sit on the couches again. But even my current weight isn’t enough

4 Likes

Pretty sure couches can handle over 500. You’re being cruelty abused by not being allowed on couches.

6 Likes

I agree, couches can hold you. I have a friend who weighs 425 and has no problem sitting on couches. Your in laws are being mean to you by claiming you’ll break the couch. I’m proud of you for the work you’re doing, but just make sure you’re still getting all your necessary nutrients.

4 Likes

Yeah, I cheated today a little and some donut holes. I’ve been trying to drink more water. I finish off about two bottles of water a night. I refill and store in the fridge.

2 Likes

Yay for drinking more water!!! Water is super important! Have you guys made any progress with moving out yet?

3 Likes

The first time I tried to lose weight was when I was a teen and stopped growing up, then I quickly gained thirty pounds and became chubby when I had always been skinny. I had exercised then, but also had to adjust my food intake. The key is to either eat better which is expensive, or eat just a small mount of stuff. So you will be hungry for a while until your stomach shrinks. If you only eat until you’re not hungry, that might not be the best strategy.

1 Like

54 lbs in 6 months is absolutely amazing!!! Congratulations! But make sure you’re still eating enough and not falling into an eating disorder by starving yourself.

4 Likes

I dropped thirty pounds I was 194 now 159. I agree with the folks above. Eat healthy/exercise. Don’t feel bad about eating sweet something. I catch myself drinking a soda. As long as it’s not everyday hugs

2 Likes

looking good you guys :smile_cat:

2 Likes

My partner keeps promising but I don’t know.

Isent it a sin in the bible to eat to much? Gotta share that food

I think that’s from a time of less abudance, when rationing was more of a thing. But I agree with the virtue of charity. I should volunteer or something. Not saying there isn’t hunger in the world or even in america…

It is a sin. It’s called gluttony. But food addiction is hard to deal with

I think your in laws are mean. @cbbrown.

1 Like

Yeah @cbbrown your in-laws from all you’ve said about them sound like the most pig-ignorant people. I hope you and your partner can distance yourselves from them in time.

1 Like

He try to go to gym and convert that fat into muscle! You’ll lose a bunch of weight first and at the same time very slowly gain muscle until you hit that point of you have normal amounts of fat and then it’s time to steadily and surely gain some real muscles until your built :wink: it’s doable but itl take like 2 years to be ripped or longer. I’m not a workout freak but I used to bulk a lot and my friend was a army ranger so we worked out together and learned all about workout stuff from him :slightly_smiling_face: you can do it! :blush::wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.