I think I'm hallucinating eartquakes

I’ve been feeling shaking for the past 36 hours, like a small earthquake is happening.

I reality check by looking at wobble objects like computer screens or bodies of water, but the sensation doesn’t go away.

Sometimes I bounce my leg just to control where the shaking is coming from.

Is this common?
Is it possible to hallucinate this?

It’s mostly when I sit down.

2 Likes

Sounds concerning, you should see a neurologist to rule out anything serious. I really dont think its a hallucination

1 Like

Is it possible you have fluid in your ears?

1 Like

It could be, they’ve been acting kind of funny recently. It feels like cold water is inside them sometimes, and the sound sometimes gets muted for a few seconds.

1 Like

Fluid in the ear can vibrate. If you’re sensitive to this, it can throw off your balance and make it feel shaky.

2 Likes

How do I get rid of it?

Allergy meds. It helps open up the tubes that drain fluid. Loratadine is otc and is what they gave me and my kids for same issue.

1 Like

You may have a labyrinthitis which is an inflammation of the labyrinth which is positioned in your inner ear. The function of the labyrinth is to give our spacial coordinates to the brain. Inseticides, if you breath them, you get this too. It can happen without pain. I had it because of inseticide. You should go to a doctor.

1 Like

I’ve had some anaphylaxic reactions to otc allergy meds, so I’m reluctant to take anymore until I’ve had a full panel allergy test done.
I really do need to get my act together and go see a doctor.

1 Like

The feeling is worse today. It has progressed from feeling like a tiny earthquake is happening, to feeling like I’m on a boat.
I also have a headache.

1 Like

if you dont want to go to a doctor buy over the counter anti-inflammatory like numesulida. any systemic anti-inflamatory. take one and perceive if you get better within 1 hour. if you dont then it is not labyrinthitis and you can discard my advice, but if getters better take one every 12 hours for five days.

1 Like

Like this

2 Likes

Maybe go to the hospital to get yourself checked

1 Like

I can’t seem to do it right

Do you know what a neti pot is? That might also help

Yes, my dad had one when I was younger.
I can see if I can get one

1 Like

I found an instruction video for this maneuver in my native language, and my friend who is a nurse gave me some other maneuvers to try for that.
(We call it earstones, or crystal sickness)
And I’m feeling much much better today :blush:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.