I think I'm going to do it

I talked it over with my best friend, the one who already suspected they’re was something different about me. I think I’m going to talk to my psychiatrist about my “condition”. I’m not going to disclose anything incriminating, but I think I it’s something I need to do.

@ZombieMombie @velociraptor

Maybe I can change? I don’t know that I want to, or that is even possible. But I think it’s a conversation at least worth having.

1 Like

I haven’t followed your storyline. I’m sorry. So what is it exactly you want to disclose to your psychiatrist?

2 Likes

@Alice_inchains anyone can chamge
All it takes is determination.

And you can always fake it until it becomes who you are.

2 Likes

Anyway, this is completely derailing the thread. I’m flagging all of this conversation as off topic.

2 Likes

Right now I’m diagnosed ODD and BPD, but I strongly believe that I meet the clinical criteria to be classified as a psychopath.

No one knows this, aside from you forum folks and I suppose, now, my best friend. I think that, now that my drug induced psychosis is well under control, it’s something worth mentioning to him.

To be clear, I’m not doing this because I’m feeling guilty about the things I’ve done and that it’s the right thing to do. I’m doing it because I’m bored, the prospect of coming clean is exciting, and I think that the validation would stroke my already inflated sense of self-worth.

2 Likes

I wish you the best of luck with the conversation with your pdoc.

Maybe you can go into corporate life. I used to work in it and met plenty of (socially adjusted) psychopaths.

1 Like

I think I was 46 when I finally told a therapist everything. I wish I wouldn’t have waited. I don’t know what you think would be incriminating, but I recommend saying everything. Holding things in (secrets?) is like protecting a festering wound.
I wish you the best.

1 Like

Crimes that I have committed, essentially. Both impulsively and of the pre-meditated kind. I understand that’s an important part of the classification (psychopathy isn’t a diagnosis, but Anti-Social Personality Disorder is), but I also don’t want to, you know, get in trouble.

Thank you for the insight. Hopefully it goes well for me

I know someone who’s diagnosed with borderline and antisocial personality disorder.

She’s a high suicide risk with many attempts.

I hope you fare better.

1 Like

I am a very high suicide risk, with multiple hospitalizations and attempts.

1 Like