I think I'm developing social anxiety/avoidant personality

I just want to isolate and stay away from people because I think people don’t care and people won’t love me anymore. It’s becoming a serious problem because I don’t ever want to go out and make friends. People terrify me so much, and people scare me and I’m afraid of people. I’m worried that I’m going to be hurt by people again and I want to avoid contact with people as much as I can.

I think no one will accept my psychosis and accept who I am as a disabled person with physical and mental disabilities. I’m quite different from others in a noticeable way. I think I have too many faults and I just want to stay inside and hide. I hate people and I hate society. I just want to stay inside and stop socializing with people, and stay on the Internet. I think people aren’t going to love me and I just want to avoid negative interactions because I’ll look inapt to them.

I just hate my life.

I was psychotic…I have a bad back and some early onset arthritis.

But I still believe in the goodness in people. I always give individuals the benefit of the doubt.

If I’m taken advantage of, I just cut my losses and never communicate with them again.

I’m literally certain that people are evil and there are no good people around.
The world is literally filled with evil people around, and I haven’t seen a single good person that lives around me (except for my family).

I’m the opposite. I feel most people are inherently good.

I think if you have a positive mindset, you will eventually attract the right type of friends/ acquaintances.

I don’t think I’ll have any friends in my life. I’m convinced that I’ll be alone and I’m scared of people.

You are friendly and intelligent on this forum. Lots of other posters like you.

Perhaps take that to heart and transition it into your daily life.

I like people and I’m very sociable, but I’m too scared to make friends. People are scary and I don’t know how to deal with people. I just want to hide in the closet and never come out.

I think we’re already friends…we just don’t know it yet. :wink:

Most people aren’t scary. They’re just trying to get ahead in life and find happiness and peace of mind.

I know you’re trying to help me to have an open mind, but I’m really, really scared of people. Like dead scared. It’s really hard for me to make friends. I’m really scared of people. My peers TERRIFY me. I feel like they will emotionally hurt me again. I’ve been hurt before and I don’t want to risk that again

I got held up at gunpoint once while walking downtown.

I consider it a ‘one off’ incident. I haven’t let it shape my opinions of all people.

And sure, I got burnt by a few people I thought were my friends when I was younger. Still though, I try to accentuate the positives of life.

I was bullied and abused for so long that I stopped knowing what it’s like to make friends.

It’s really difficult. I want to stop feeling so alone.

I’m sorry you were abused and bullied.

Our pasts can define us in so many ways. But we can map out our own future…that’s the good thing. Leave yesterday where it belongs, and focus on today.

That’s okay. I’m scared still, and people are scary… I’ll try though

1 Like

I was bullied too, but I have friends now. I understand being afraid to reach out. But you don’t have to tell people about your diagnosis or psychosis. Only one friend of mine knows the real reason I’m afraid to go out. I have ptsd, so I just blame my issues on that.

Not everyone is bad. There are good people in the world. You don’t have to automatically trust anyone. Just give people an opportunity to get to know you over time and you may find you have friends that way.

1 Like

But what if people want to hurt me like they have done in the past?

Then as soon as you see that behavior, end the friendship

What if everyone wants to do the same thing?

Not everyone wants to hurt you. Yes, there are bad people in the world, but there really are good people out there too

No need to socialize its not a must thing to do as humans.

That’s hard to believe…but thank you for reminding me

1 Like