I think i quit smoking

I have nothing better to do.

1 Like

It’s surprsingly good for you in the long run. Saves oodles of money in Oz so you can have hobbies and leisure spending in your week. It’s awefully hard to do for some. I was one of those people and I couldn’t have done it without chemical help.

1 Like

I don’t have to work, i don’t need to earn money. My finances are on autopilot. Everyone i know understands when i quit and do absolutely nothing. There is nothing i suppose to do.

1 Like

It came down to a choice for me. A bit better life with more fun and money to spend on hobbies and interests or just keep smoking. I don’t really need to work either and hopefully never will again but still. Health wise I’m finally getting to good lungs after over 10 years off the smokes. It is a nasty drug. It really is.

1 Like

Yes it is a nasty medicine, it helped me all these years, but i think and can live without tabbacco in the future. I am strong enough to do it this time.

Yeah I was a fan for way too long. The trouble is the benefits start to bite against your general and long term health. There’s better chemicals for anxiety and smokes are a serious addiction for little gain. Yeah. I was there and it was wonderful but getting off them I really never think of going back anymore. I know that one smoke will make me sick. Ten smokes will make me an addict.

I’m not keen on being addicted to any chemicals besides the ones I have to take for my healht. Just the other perspective.

1 Like

Psychiatrist from all walks of life,…yes i mean Psychiatrist! said something like…“when sick people won’t smoke, the medication could be cut by half”.

I’m not sure about that and there’s definate relations to Nicotinic receptors in your brain. I’ve seen it could stimulate your frontal cortex which could be lacking but I had no symptom flare outs or decreases after stopping smokes.

Yeah my anxiety went up but I think that was good in long run as I developed better strategies for anxiety even though it took some xanax to help that. So . Yes. You lose something…but it’s a chemical with it’s delivery system that slowly poisons you. You don’t lose giving up is all I’m saying!

1 Like

I try to remember the good times in my childhood where i didn’t smoke at the time. I started smoking with 15 years. Just one year after i got initiated into Christianity. I remember i loved water and my element is oxygen.

It’s an appropriate thing for sz. It’s all chemicals on some level for us. Whether it’s meds or other ones and it’s just things going wrong with chemicals in our heads. I like chemistry in high school. Experiments were fun and you could use matches and bunsen burners. So in the end it’s all chemical…

Not saying smokes don’t do their thing because they do but health wise you won’t miss them and it’s nice to have some coin to spend elsewhere. I have friends who smoke still and it’s nuts what you pay for them over here now. Total nightmare.

1 Like

Yes for me its indignifying to collect cigarette left overs in public. Well, the damage is done. The tabbacco won’t get any cheaper. Smokers are a minority in the world. Yes, its bad medicine, it is cheap,natural and effective, but the side effects are too bad. Similar to alcohol, before you now it you are in the trap. I think they medicated heroin for awhile in the Psychiatric system.

1 Like

Believe me I did the same. I used to reuse my butts. I’d keep a bong, not for smoking drugs…but to reuse smokes. It made me feel like a grub so know the feeling. It’s never too late and it’s a postive thing to do in your life. It’s not easy. You may need help but you can do it. I was a slave for way too long is how I look at it now. I gave up in 2009 after starting around 1984 and I’d smoke a pack a day regardless…

1 Like

I think all my other problems are solved. My only problem is smoking, sometimes i think it will be deadly to quit, but that must be mental blocks no harm to quit smoking.

1 Like

Congratulations! I quit two years ago.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.