I think I found my happy place to combat delusions

I was out on my parents boat and we were sitting anchored near an island and I was reading a book and it talked about nature…and it talked about Jesus. And it was beautiful in a way. But Without getting religious, But I thought about how I don’t wanna be Jesus…or ANYTHING. Like that. At all. . And I was in this beautiful scenery. And for 10 minutes I thought there is no pressure to do anything in the world. Whenever I go back to too much ambition and destiny I think I will revisit this happy place. It will be a sort of mantra for me to think about this. I hate being tortured by delusions but for a second everything was perfect and if I can recapture that when I need to maybe it’ll decimate with time.

What a great day it’s been.

Have u ever found something similar. A happy place where delusions go away??

2 Likes

Yah they go away sometimes. Things get beautiful periodically. I heard the call so it’s just better. No matter what I’m doing, I heard ya @Jonnybegood. What a great place I hope it will always be there for you!

1 Like

In emdr I had a happy place in a field but this had more meaning to me.

My happy place is riding my bike late at night when all the traffic is gone and nobody is on the paths or sidewalks. I can just ride and listen to music and block out the rest of the world.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.