I think I compensated for early isolation

Not on purpose. When I was in 2nd or 3rd grade I remember being alone in my room a lot. Just playing by myself; it seems like it went on for awhile. I had a best friend in those grades, I went over his house sometimes. Now, looking back I kind of blame my mom for letting me stay alone so much but I have no anger or grudge towards her.

When I got to high school, I had two good friends and I was over their houses every day. I mean, every day and their family was home. The family didn’t necessarily like me but only my friends older brother picked on me. We showed his two sisters respect and they let us alone, they were tough chicks. Both my friends moms were cool with me, they never disrespected me and I respected them. Yeah, my last two years of high school I would go over my friends house and we would party or work out with weights. Every we went in his room and partied. Sometimes other people came over. I saw my friends virtually every day. Those were fun days.

4 Likes

Yea i miss childhood they were some good years. My teacher was near retirement and let us play cricket during lesson times so when weather was good i loved cricket and rounders, gosh i had so many friends i miss them but its nice to have some good memories , it wasnt all bleak

4 Likes

My early childhood was full of kids around the same age. We were all gathering together around the block playing different games. We had no computers or phones so we had to be very creative. We had so many games to play. I loved to run so any game it was fun. I was never the soul of the parties. Up to the 8th grade I was sort of an introvert and every once in a while I needed my time alone. I did not get friends to my house, I was the one visiting others. My parents had their own problems and I was running away from it. I had my own rooms where sometimes I did not want to be bothered.I had good friends and share nice memories, but they are all scatered around the world. Yeah, I feel a bit melancholic…

2 Likes

I had fun school life till 6th grade. Things changed from 7th grade. Anxiety got bad.

Till 6th grade I was hanging out with friends almost everyday. Playing :cricket_bat_and_ball: and roaming around. It was great time.

But since recent episodes all school memories seem to have got colored black and grey. I am reminded of mistakes. Ridicule by friends.

1 Like

I spent alot of time alone when I was young. I used to rock in a chair, and day dream for hours on end.

2 Likes

We moved around a lot but I developed friends in elementary school and more in junior high. We all hung out together. We had a good group. We all skated or biked then ended up street racing partying and going to college. I isolated a bit but kinda came back then ended up in the hospital. There’s a photo with basically all of us in it. The friend that took the photo died so we buried it with him. Those times seem unreal compared to now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.