I think I am delusional

I am struggling now. A voice said that sugar has protein in it, so I ate a bunch of fudge(twice). I am afraid I am going to get diabetes. I know it sounds funny. I am kind of scared now, because I am out of touch with reality. I can’t take a prn because my stomach is full, because I ate a bunch of fudge.

3 Likes

Take your prn. I’m sure you have some room for it.

1 Like

To be honest my stomach is 100 percent full.

1 Like

Well, give it 20 min and then try for the PRN?

Do you have any strategies for dealing with “command” voices?

3 Likes

No, I don’t have any strategies for dealing with command voices.

Like @shutterbug said, give it some more time then take your prn @Jake

1 Like

This article is a bit of a slog, but it does have some good suggestions:

The biggest thing for me is keeping busy. I colour, do a puzzle, play a game, watch a show, whatever. I do this and make myself hold off on what I’ve been told to do until the urge passes. Difficult at first, but it gets easier with practice (eventually – this isn’t a fast process).

Hope this helps?

3 Likes

ok, one of the coping strategies is to socialize. My delusions have to do with religious delusions. A voice told me that I would never get delusional again. Now I am delusional again. Thanks @ozymandias for giving me coping strategies.

Even something as simple as having a colouring book and some crayons really helps distract from the crap storm in your head (I like the symmetric ones you can download and print for adults).

1 Like

I don’t have a coloring book or crayons. Sounds like a good idea, though.

Do you have other ways to distract yourself? Can you play the drums, for example? Or maybe watch some YouTube videos that capture your attention enough to distract you? Maybe videos on drumming technique or something else that interests you?

2 Likes

I’ve got colouring pages, crayons, fidget toys, LEGO, and a few jigsaw puzzles for when I’m going through a rough patch. I know I’ll get in rough shape at some point so I plan ahead for it.

Edit: Not that this is useful right now, but may help next time.

1 Like

I live in a town house; So it is too late for me to play the drums. I might stay on here to socialize ,to help me.

2 Likes

That is a good idea, to plan ahead…with coping strategies.

My father and step mother went to bed so I can’t socialize with them.

What is everybody up to?

If you start drumming, they’ll probably come downstairs in no time. (Just kidding.)

This forum always has someone posting on it 24/7 so it’s a good place to spend time.

2 Likes

Thanks Moonbeam…1515151515

1 Like

I took my prn’s, now I am going to try to go to sleep.

2 Likes

Sounds like a good plan. Have a good night’s sleep. :sleeping: