I suffer every day

There’s no end to the suffering.

1 Like

The suffering will at least stop when I die.

Didn’t you recently change meds? How is that going?

2 Likes

I have increased anxiety especially in the evening so far. I’m gonna give it some more time, but if I feel worse on the new med I have to switch back again.

3 Likes

Do you take latuda in the evening? That’s what I did and got anxious/depressed in the evening, before I took my next dose peculiar enough. I think you get more connected with your spirit when coming off olanzapine. Latuda has a very different block action profile. You might be able to ride it off though if you can just sit in the storm for a while with hope that the anxiousness will ease as you get connected with yourself. You will feel more, both good and bad. But ofcourse if it gets unbearable you should go back on olanzapine.

image-asset

3 Likes

What is this showing? :duck::duck::duck:

It shows which receptors the different AP’s are interacting with/blocking.

I’m not sure about all of it. The D’s are dopamine receptors I guess, and 5HT is different type of serotonin receptors I would think. The rest I don’t know about. I would have to track down the original article to see. Someone else posted this table in some other post. I just found it interesting.

1 Like

Do you have any hobbies? Any things you enjoy doing?

Yeah, that’s what I thought the first two years of my disease. Then things started to get incrementally better. Now I go through bad times but I don’t suffer.

1 Like

It took me decades to find the right meds.
I still cycle through mania and depression but it’s basically under control

1 Like

The others are adrenergic, histamine and muscarinic/cholinergic receptors.

1 Like

right now im at the same point with there is no end to the suffering

but im pushing myself threw to be able to care for my mom and dogs

thats a key with sz is finding your way threw the fog of uncertainty

is there not anything you can find a reason to push threw

the more you recognize your surroundings the easier sz becomes to deal with

good luck in your search

1 Like

Yes I take it in the evening with food, about 7 o clock. It’s mostly when I go to bed the anxiety flares up. Like I have this anxiety where I feel I want to get out of my body cause it’s so bad.

I woke up today and felt a bit better than I have in a while.

I will give it some time, maybe it will get better. I’m not sure if I feel more though, it’s just more anxiety. I don’t know, it may be that I feel more just that it’s subtle. I’m half way in decrease of Olanzapine. I’m at 3.75mg Olanzapine and 74mg Latuda now. I was at 7.5mg Olanzapine to begin with.

2 Likes

I see. I felt totally different when only taking Latuda. It was hard, much emotions. But I guess that is normal. It’s just I’ve been used to taking olanzapine for so long that being numb and distant has become the new normal and now going back to feeling is like a shock to the mind and body.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.