I stopped Wellbutrin on my own

Is it bad to stop antidepressants without tapering?

I took it for only 1 day but I feel shitty after.

Why are you stopping?

It is bad to stop meds without a doctor. :elephant::elephant::elephant:

Its stopping me from vaping nicotine and its not helping. I took it for 1 month in January, it made me worse. Idk why my psychiatrist prescribed it again.

He thinks it helps negative symptoms but it didn’t.

I would talk to my doctor again before stopping.

He may know something you don’t.

You could get a different result this time.

1 Like

I think the shitty feeling will pass with time.
I shouldn’t have taken it first place.

If you have to choose between a prescribed med and vaping, take the prescribed med.

I took it for 1 month in January, it didn’t help at all, juste made me feel shitty. My psychiatrists are desperate and some gave up on me by transferring me to other psychiatrists. Now he says there is no meds for negative symptoms and that he’s just trying Wellbutrin again likely for fun. I am not a lab rat.

Why don’t you ask for a different anti-depressant? Try something like Zoloft. It’s pretty awesome.

Dr said I don’t have depression, only treatment-resistant negative symptoms. He says Wellbutrin might give energy probably by raising dopamine in the prefrontal cortex. Its the only antidepressant that can maybe used for negative symptoms he said. But it didn’t help. Only Abilify helped for a bit until I became worse than now with addiction and hypersexuality issues.

Wellbutrin is known for helping putting a bit of extra pep in your step. I notice I’m a bit draggy without it. Well, also because after a week I’m suicidal again as well (that’s the reason I take it). It doesn’t do a LOT for my negs, but it helps me maintain the positive habits I’ve developed to combat my negative symptoms.

How long before it improved your negative symptoms? I took it for slightly over a month but it did nothing.

do you agree with the doctor about not being depressed?

1 Like

Yes, I just have no emotions, no negative and no positive emotions. No emotions is a negative symptom of schizophrenia.

well it sounds like wellbutrin is your only hope then, I guess you’re going to have to give up the vaping. Which if you think about it, that’s a win win. I say try it again and give it a little more time to work.

2 Likes

For treatment resistant depression doctors usually prescribe methylfolate or deplin. Ask your doctor for that may be you have folate absorption issues due to some genetic problem.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/325287961_Folic_acidmethylfolate_for_the_treatment_of_psychopathology_in_schizophrenia_a_systematic_review_and_meta-analysis

Rationale: This study aims to examine whether folate/folic acid/methylfolate/folinic acid supplemented to antipsychotics (FA + AP) is beneficial in schizophrenia treatment. Objective: We conducted a comprehensive systematic review and meta-analysis of double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized clinical trials (RCTs) of FA + AP for schizophrenia. Methods: The primary outcome was an improvement in total symptoms. Other outcomes were psychopathology subscales (positive, negative, general, and depressive symptoms), discontinuation due to all-cause and adverse events, and individual adverse events. The meta-analysis evaluated the effect size based on a random-effects model. Results: Although we included ten RCTs with 925 patients in total (seven folic acid RCTs (n = 789), two methylfolate RCTs (n = 96), and one folinic acid RCT (n = 40)) in the systematic review, only seven RCTs were included in the meta-analysis. Pooled FA + AP treatments were not superior to placebo + AP in the improvement of total (N = 7, n = 340; standardized mean difference (SMD) = - 0.20, 95% confidence interval (CI) = - 0.41, 0.02, p = 0.08, I2 = 0%), positive, general, or depressive symptoms. Pooled FA + AP treatments were more effective than placebo + AP for negative symptoms (N = 5, n = 281; SMD = -0.25, 95% CI = -0.49, -0.01, p = 0.04, I2 = 0%). Although pooled FA + AP treatments were associated with a lower incidence of serious adverse events than placebo treatments (N = 4, n = 241; risk ratio = 0.32, 95% CI = 0.12-0.82, p = 0.02, I2 = 0%; number needed to harm = not significant), there were no significant differences in other safety outcomes between both treatments. Conclusions: Our findings suggest that pooled FA + AP treatment improves negative symptoms in schizophrenia patients. Moreover, this treatment was well tolerated. However, because our results might exhibit a small-study effect, future studies with a larger sample should be conducted to obtain more robust results.

It took 3 days after stopping Wellbutrin to feel nicotine again. Yay, no more staring at the ceiling all day.

Nicotine worsens your health.