I stopped my Diazepam

I need some encouragement not to take it again.

My anxiety is being fuelled by the fact I quit my job due to mental health issues being made worse by it.

That was now two weeks ago. What timing that was with the lock down in the UK.

I really have no idea how I will support myself and it’s making me very anxious, and I might have to take some Diazepam to help me get over this.

Honestly the pills don’t seem to really do much anymore, so I might be barking up the wrong tree

1 Like

You’re better off without. I took Ativan for years and years. It was to the point that I was taking 2 and 3 mgs or more just to relax and blacking out my memory. In the end I didn’t want to give it up but it was best for me that I did. Now I take hydroxyzine and I find it’s much better. No abuse. And no memory loss. You’re best to do without and go at it on your own or try some hydroxyzine.

2 Likes

Yes, i can only encourage you to stop. I have had an addiction of benzoes (Xanax and Diazepam) and it made my anxiety worse and made me depressed. I ended up on rehab on a psych hospital for a month. I think Diazepam is one of the worst drugs i have been taking.

I takes quite a long time to get weaned off, but it’s worth it. I still use a small amount of Oxazepam, approximately twice a week, but i told my P-Doc never to give mere more than a small amount.

Good luck.

1 Like

I agree that your better off without it. I took Ativan for years and came off it by switching to diazepam and lowering the dose gradually.

It took about 2 years to come off it.

Was going to get prescribed this but the pdoc decided against it… these are very addictive… have been on them in the past but only temporarily. You are doing the right thing you are better off , off it. My psychologist recoemded a worry schedule. I don’t know how you feel about trying it.

This article will give you an idea of how it works. Personally I only do it 15 minutes per day.

I think you ought to do this under the care of a mental health professional. Those med’s can be stronger than you think.

1 Like

I feel I need some so badly this morning.

I will try and resist

Mornings are very hard for me at the moment

Not worth taking it. It’s a placebo more than anything and I should know better

hopefully you won’t go through withdrawals, but,

you’ll get over it don’t worry.

1 Like

For improving sleep quality at night try taking phosphatidylserine sunflower version preferably around 5 PM.