I should never watch new shows. Dear gods

I’m stressed with life stuff.

I’ve got to get my house looking perfect in a week because my parents are visiting,

And now I’m finding out my husband is looking to make a big career shift that very much impacts my life.

So, to distract myself I watched a show I’ve never seen before called “Shining Vale”.

Ends up it’s about a middle aged woman that can’t figure out if she has psychosis or her house is haunted.

Hit a little close to home and I had to turn it off.

Now I’ve got a ton of work to do and am scared to even move.

All the anxiety about my husband’s work,

The sheer volume of domestic chores and now being afraid of the house.

I need to snap out of this funk and start cleaning.

It’s difficult right now.

There is a lot of uncertainty.

I wish I weren’t such an anxious person.

9 Likes

Just take a deep breath and try to relax. There’s nothing that is going to bother you, just your own mind making up things.

Anytime you begin to feel scared, go to thespot you feel most comfortable, sit and focus on your breathing for a few minutes. Just breathing and be intentional with each breath.

4 Likes

I listened to a podcast recently about reincarnation, which is my biggest fear. And I’m still not quite ok.

I actually thought of you, and felt like I was in the “@Charles_Foster self triggering club” . I was going to make a post about it.

We’ve got to stop watching content that freaks us out!

Best of luck with your parents’ visit. I hope it all goes well.

3 Likes

That’s a lot in one day. A whole new career change for your husband is high stress even if it’s a good thing. Plus you got triggered in regards to a disease that affects your reality. That’s tough to handle all at once like that. It sounds completely overwhelming. I hope you find something to do that gives you comfort

1 Like

I started cleaning and getting stuff moved around and feel a little better.

I have a lot to do but I also have some time.

I’m mostly bothered by this work thing.

We’ve really been through a lot with the ups and downs of his career and I’m really scared of a change, but know it has to happen.

3 Likes

I’m glad you’re keeping busy so you’re not ruminating. That can drive you literally crazy.

If you’re ready to talk about it, what is the new job? How does it affect you? What are your biggest concerns?

He doesn’t have a new job yet.

He’s just very unhappy with his current one.

It’s very likely he’ll start working with a recruiter soon and find something.

I don’t know if we’ll have to move.

I don’t know how much money he’ll make.

I’m just nervous about every aspect of it.

1 Like

Ok, I get why you’re so stressed with all the unknowns. I hope he finds something good for at least the same pay. Can you and he discuss the jobs he finds interesting since it affects both your lives so much? Maybe you can search together

1 Like

I doubt we’ll look together.

But he’s not going to make any major changes without letting me know or getting my opinion.

It just sucks to not have any control over the situation.

1 Like

Yeah. It does. I hate feeling totally out of control. It causes me a lot of snxiety

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.