I really want someone to share my life with

Not being cheeky…curious

idk, it comes with thinking I’m not good enough,

some kind of Catholic perfectionism I guess, :slight_smile:

Many would be thankful for a loving and nurturing relationship. Embrace his love and love yourself because he sees the real you and loves you!

yeah, if we do have fights or disagreements, we get over it.

that’s what he’s taught me. My daughter on the hand being 25 y.o.

she won’t let you forget it.

Well it’s certainly not your fault either @anon20318121 paranoia is a spraying skunk. You’ll get there. How’s the boat building going?

It’s going good mate but it’s quite stressful…

I just got to keep carrying on lol

:heart:

2 Likes

Shy is good. And you build boats! I can’t tell you how cool that is.

It will come.

one day you’ll find the right one and really appreciate it. but don’t settle for just anyone a bad relationship is worse than being single.

Get rid of that sock and go buy a girl a soda pop

3 Likes

I’d rather spend my life with myself than anyone else.

With my pets of course, that’s an exception.

1 Like

You look good, and you’re gainfully employed. If you can get over a little of your shyness, you’ll do fine. I have to work on 2 and maybe 3 of those things.

Same. I badly want a relationship. I haven’t had one in nearing 5 years now and that one wasn’t even good. I’ve never had a serious relationship in my life.

I feel like I will never meet anyone. I know I sound like a broken record player saying that, but right now I just have no way to meet anyone. Online dating didn’t work out for me. No available guys at my job. I’m too shy to approach guys in public, or keep conversation going with guys that approach me. On top of that even if I do get into a relationship I have a ton of baggage, which I can only hide until it comes to physical intimacy, which in adult relationships tends to come up sooner rather than later.

Buh…

Part of me wants a relationship, but that equal half; that isolated, free-spirited half, wants to remain single. Perhaps it is a mistake to say that schizophrenics are overtly free-spirited, but perhaps it is not. There is something about knowing someone so well that you depend on them for self-validation, and it is that something that scares me. I think this quote is relevant:

“I have found both freedom and safety in my madness; the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us.”

― Kahlil Gibran, The Madman

On the other hand, paradoxically-speaking, there is warmth in the bond and union between two people. That quote does carve its way into my soul, though.

Also,

“Every deep thinker is more afraid of being understood than of being misunderstood.”

― Friedrich Nietzsche

Ironically though, Nietzsche had a huge crush on Lou Andreas-Salomé! Gibran had a crush on someone too, and wrote endless love letters to her. Her name evades me at the moment. …so they were both hypocrites (which is fine :slight_smile: ).

I have had 3 relationships with normal people (non-MI). All of them failed and I was heavily judged for schizophrenia on the way out. Not saying it cannot work, but it is harder (at least from my experience, it was). I would recommend finding someone with common problems if you do decide to pursue a relationship.

Sometimes I think I might want to be in a lesbian relationship with my last female lover. But, then, I remember what a b-tch she was and is, and then, I change my mind. I’d much rather be single and alone. I’m much happier this way.

Don’t we all, i wish i could make it with this girl i know bc she is awesome but she is younger and sees me only as a friend :confused:

We got takeaway last night and watched a movie called ‘white chicks’ was funny,

I must be stupid to think i’d ever have a chance with her but i cant help it :frowning:

take it easy mate, get plenty of rest when you need it :wink: :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.