I really feel i want to pray more

i really want to pray more now, like i have been praying in the churches when i am there but its not enough, i woke up this morning and prayed about everything and i would like to do that more often, i think its a good start to the day and it makes me feel better, makes me feel like i am fighting all of the bad things in life in the hope that a miracle may happen some day and things will be better, i think it will be a very good coping technique,

i also want to try and start doing a little light exercise as i am sat on the bed, just some upper body turns and movements so i can stay in shape a little bit, if i cant go to the gym my beds next in line lol,

but the main thing was the praying, it might not work for some people but it really makes me feel better.

2 Likes

Matthew 6:5-6 ESV

“And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

:blush:

3 Likes

When I was a muslim (for a whole year) I prayed five times a day.
I loved praying and could get tears in my eyes out of gratitude and love.

But I am nolonger a muslim but still also want to pray cause i beleive in God.

Maybe you could pray every morning as soon as you get up or every night before bed.

Muslims often sometimes get up around 3 -4 am every morning to pray.
They perform wudhu first where they cleanse, purify, prepare themself for prayer and it is a ritual in itself.
Then they must cover there body and hair and even feet for pray.

Nowadays i mostly just sit comfortably and kinda talk to God and sometimes im wearing singlet and undies but I think God would accept it anyway although it is not to disrespect.

I like to say God bless before i eat and thank you.
Muslims say Bismillah (In the name of Allaah they say)
Alhamdulillah etc

I am currently reading the christian bible .

Maybe it will become a routine for you soon and you can balance it with exercise.

Exercise and shower and then pray or something.

Good wishes to you with your praying n exercising.

1 Like

I was thinking the same (scriptures) when reading the thread title.

1 Like

Maybe you could get up early in the morning just to pray.

Its lovely.
You could go back to sleep after.

When i was muslim i got up early to pray and wudhu and then back to sleep after pray.
I admire and love a lot of it and it is disciplined but its not what i believe now.
One must perform wudhu after breaking wind which is pretty strict.

Good prayer wishes for n to ya :slight_smile: