Schizophrenia.com

I quit using my coffee maker

I have a small Mr. Coffee coffee maker but I had to stop using it last week because I kept getting coffee grounds in my coffee. Now I just drink instant coffee instead.

3 Likes

it’s possible that the filter bag you put in the coffee maker is not seated well… so it tips a bit and then coffee goes besides the filter. At least if it is with coffee filter… not sure what yours is like

1 Like

My filters kept tilting over for some reason.

1 Like

yea best way to do is fold the corner of the filter bag against itself and then push it in the filter place and press it to each side… it took a while to find the right way to do it so that no coffee ground would come also in the coffee

2 Likes

This is the same story for me too @Manny.

Recently bought a small Mr Coffee coffee maker because I read in different places that instant coffee was unhealthier than regular drip coffee.

But I switched back to consuming instant coffee because the coffee from the Mr Coffee machine was tasting like medicine, bitter as heck!

I hate bitter coffee! I like to put whole milk in my coffee.

2 Likes

Add a small dash of salt to the coffee grounds, you’ll be surprised.

2 Likes

I prefer instant coffee made with milk instead of water. Splenda for sweetness. Tastes a lot better for me.

3 Likes

My parents always wet the filter before adding the grounds because then it clings to the sides.

2 Likes

I stopped using my coffee pod machine too. I just use 1 spoon of instant coffee a day now.

Coffee was making me feel worse.

1 Like

I use a tablespoon of instant coffee per cup.

1 Like

We call them “cookies” :crazy_face:

I use the same.

1 Like

Thanks @pixel for the tip.
I added some salt to my coffee grounds and my coffee tasted less bitter! :slightly_smiling_face:

I like my coffee maker. I make it ready always before sleeping and so in the morning I have to turn on to get my morning coffee.

1 Like

I went decaf a few years ago. But I still use decaf filter coffee. It’s great option for me because I am very caffeine sensitive.

Looking back to when I drank regular coffee I think I went kind of crazy just from 1 cup. I would say and do stupid things…

1 Like

It is strange that coffee affects us in so many different ways.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.