I quit using meth 25 years ago today TW

I went to my dealer and picked up some meth and he said it was strong. I scoffed at the idea because I had so much experience. But what I failed to realize is he had more. After being up for days spun out and .not being able to fall asleep I started taking all the different pills I had at my house plus alcohol. I kept taking pills and kept drinking until I passed out. I was comatose for 3 days. When I finally came to I went to the doctor and told her what happened and asked for help to quit meth. She told me the first step in quitting meth was to not do it anymore. So I stopped.

The next few years were horrible and everything seemed so hard. One day I was driving over a ridge and the sun came through the trees and warm feeling came over me and I felt a shift and everything became easy again. Quitting drugs and alcohol allowed me to dedicate my life to becoming a mother.

15 years passed and sadly, in a manic episode I fell off the wagon. While under the influence I went to my doctor’s office and she sedated me and consoled me by assuring me that I didn’t have to start my count all over again.

Here It is at the 25 year mark and I can hardly believe it’s even the same life. I could never imagine disrespecting myself that way now.

28 Likes

Wow that’s an amazing story! You have lots to be proud of!

4 Likes

You’re doing the right thing to have a good life, leaf. I wish you great happiness.

4 Likes

I quit drinking in January since alcohol and my meds don’t mix.

3 Likes

Congratulations leaf !

3 Likes

I have been smoking/vaping for close to two year now.I am wondering if I give up,will I be happier?

2 Likes

Wishing you all the best @Leaf!

3 Likes

respect

Huzzah! Cheers my foliage friend!

3 Likes

Congratulations! You overcame something most people don’t. You’re amazing!

4 Likes

Congrats for saving yourself from a slow death. I’m glad I never got into that stuff. When I quit crack years ago my life changed for the better too. 25 years is quite an accomplishment. Here’s to 25 more!

4 Likes

Congrats I hope it never happens when u start again

3 Likes

Encouragement and more reality to ya.

3 Likes

Wow that is awesome! I have been around meth, never tried it but I’ve seen what it does to people, it’s scary!
One thing that happened to me is when I did shrooms I never felt quite the same after I had done it…

I had a roommate who was using meth — he took some paint n some industrial cleaners and and paint thinner then threw it in the microwave and heated it up then started dipping his finger in it and eating it…

3 Likes

I quit too.
Wouldn’t dream of using again. No drugs for me.

2 Likes

Well done @Leaf. It’s not easy to say goodbye to chemicals but you are strong. Well done to you.

3 Likes

Lots to admire @Leaf.

2 Likes

Congratulations @Leaf I’m so proud of you

2 Likes

It’s not easy feat since meth is one of the hardest drug to quit.Congratulation!!

3 Likes

Congratulation i know from experience how hard it is. Im not trying to downplay that by asking this question but am curious. You said you went home and started taking all the pills you had and drinking alcohol. I was just wondering if you quit taking pills too?

1 Like

I’m so so proud of you and thank you for sharing this story.

1 Like