I quit smoking because everybody else did

A socially sheepish maneuver. seeing how my brother in law quit because he wanted to live a little longer - a much healthier reason.

1 Like

For how long have you not been smoking now?

Well, it made you healthier.

2 Likes

more than 4 1/2 years

1 Like

Any reason is a good reason to quit. Congrats!

4 Likes

And so did many of this culture. You see very few people smoking out on the pavement any more

1 Like

A sane mind doesn’t smoke. Inhaling smoke once to cough the lungs out is enough experience not to start. When i would come out of a more functional society i wouldn’t smoke. I smoke for 35 years. Being a sample to fellow citizens by not smoking would be representing a fake me.

I do so many things that are fake. I used to be able to identify them now I wonder how many things that are. I bought into their stories.

Richard Brautigan - You do so many things that aren’t your own because of what people might think…? First part is right -

1 Like

For fear of being alone.

I didn’t suit smoking, because it helps my schz and is a joy for me. Regardless of the fact people have constantly messed with it.

I know there are reasons people smoke. I loved the hand to mouth motion. Maybe because I was never allowed to suck my thumb. It made a good way to rebel.

It can be done, just have to believe.

1 Like

I have been smoking/vaping for almost two year,in a few days it will be two year.My father smoke occasionally for two year,after he married my mother he was forced to stop.Its a great time for me to stop,I am going to dip my mind into football,sports and gaming in the hope that I can stop

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.