I Quit my job

I worked in clerk post for 13+ years after bachelor civil engineering degree. I faced your situation but I keep working. After it i was promoted to junior engineer. Then life became easy. So don’t left but find the correct one in continuing.

I’ve quit jobs before. It’s always best to put in a 2 week notice and then tough it out those 2 weeks. Sometimes, the boss will say ok you don’t have to stay. It’s just the better way of doing things.

2 Likes

I quit one of my latest jobs like that. It was full time and I worked there for a month. I just locked my PC in my office, took my things and gave my access card to the receptionist, told her I quit. Right when I left their building they called me and asked me what happened. I just told them that I want to go back to university. She said normally it should be 2 weeks ahead but thats ok and that I am welcome back if I change my mind.

Truth is that work is more important than university. I got my degree but work with my degree is extremely hard, physiotherapy. I don’t even know why I got into this degree, my friend who is a Dr brainwashed me into getting into it. I should have did something easier like IT or accounting like my brothers.

1 Like

The job I quit was writing bug reports for VR video games. It was in english. I played video games most of the time and wrote bug reports.

2 Likes

i have two interviews tommorow :fire:

3 Likes

Good luck with the interviews!

1 Like

thank you man, i will ace bouth

1 Like

Do you have a favorite between the 2 ?

1 Like

i am not sure yet, it all depends on the schedule, money, and the people of course ! they need to be chill

1 Like

Just ask the right questions: How is the culture like? How many people stay for more than 5 years? …

1 Like

I’ve always given my two weeks notice, even if I hated the job. It’s better to leave on good terms because you can use them as a reference. One job said it wasn’t necessary so I quit that day, but I left on good terms.

2 Likes

Good for you! You didn’t get into a fight or circular boot licking grovelment. Now you can think about how to become self employed and how to develop working relationships directly with patrons.

Bouth interviews were a succes…

I received bouth jobs, just need to pick one

1 Like

I’ve done that before. I definitely won’t be looking for any references from those people. Personally, I’m pretty good at heavy labor. I applied for a job loading packages at UPS when I was in school, but I got no call back every time. I think they thought I was the type of person who would run amuck and start shooting people in the workplace. I think somebody was sandbagging me. I hauled hay in high school. It’s hot, dirty work, but I liked it. Now they have those great big, 1300 lb. bales of hay, and they don’t need someone stacking them on the back of a truck. Also, the med’s we have to take weaken me so much physically that I probably can’t do heavy labor now. Also, my back starts to kill me when I try to work. Even work like cleaning and other janitorial work makes my back hurt. It’s more pain than I can take. I might be able to do it for a while, but then I couldn’t take it any more.

1 Like

Congratulations on the new job. I hope you pick the right one!

1 Like

i am searching again. commuting to those jobs would be bad so i am looking at other jobs.
I am searching for a job but also rediscovering myself as i move on.
I ask myself questions about the choices i want to make and this is making me discover my values, my beliefs.

A lot of choices made were not the choices most wanted. I am glad however therapy has finally become a part of me. I am thankful to my therapists over the years for teaching me not what or how to do something but giving me the tools to heal and conclude on my own.

Those frustrating moments payed in the end. now the choices i make are entirely up to me. it is fear and enthusiasm in this. science helped me.

I quit my job after 5 months of my co workers talking sh!t ----- really vulgar things about my family and disrespectful comments ---- It was the hardest decision for me because the pay was great, how ever I decided I don’t deserve to be treated like that in a work place and put my foot down and quit without putting my 2 weeks in

Now I’m a janitor!!! :slightly_smiling_face:
I couldn’t be happier!
My work is independent and nobody bothers me! :upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

3 Likes

My last stint was at a convenience store they wanted me to run the store at night I quit it got robbed three mos later. ■■■■ that ■■■■. Take a break don’t stress okhugs

1 Like

I was hoping we as a people would have collectively fired the Prosecutor in the “Mammon Zone Defense”. But, alas, in a few hours it will be Black Friday, which to me means Ingenious Peoples Day. Unless you want: MORE AND MORE AND MORE ■■■■!

When I quit the Library, I was more worried about ■■■■■■■ up the mini marts managers ability to feed his kids and stay with his wife, plus I wanted to check out things on occasion. I didn’t go over anyone’s head until it was working the front desk. My performance serveral years later… well in Little League One of The Coaches (one of my best friends dad) told me … if you weren’t so affraid of the ball, you’d hit it out of the park. What I failed to tell him, was: its not really the ball that concerns me much, its the pitchers. They have a bag between their legs too. Mighty Duck and Cover. I remember chasing girls on the play ground, if you caught one, you wanted to kiss her, however, she has at least two shoes that fit. Thing I never Question, after that field goal, why did she ask me to walk her home and give me my first kiss in her bedroom. That really got me interested. Thats the second grade bro and those guys are still playing smear the queer? Forking Stupid!