I quit my job at Amazon

Hello guys,

I recently quit my job at Amazon. The workload during peak season is just way too much for me to handle. I worked there for over a year. Some managers were cool, others were mean. This would be a cool job if it wasn’t for the fact it gets mind numbingly overwhelming during peak.

Now i’m at home unemployed. I’m looking for computer based jobs like data entry.

11 Likes

Sorry. That is to bad. Hopefully you can find something else. :butterfly::butterfly::butterfly:

2 Likes

Thanks very much @GrayBear. Hopefully i’ll find something more suitable for me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I didn’t do well as a stower at amazon. I need to find something less physical or perhaps some independant income. I’m not getting younger.

2 Likes

I was also a stower (waterspider) at Amazon, did that for a few months but they depend on you too much when people didn’t help out wrapping pallets and other stuff.

Good luck on your job search. Are you eligible for unemployment benefits? It’s nice to have a little money coming into your household while you are looking for work. Collecting unemployment benefits can make your job hunting a little less stressful because it allows you a more leisurely search. It’s a cushion, if you know what I mean.

1 Like

That’s good that you were able to hold a job for a year, and Amazon looks good on a resume.

I worked for UPS during my early 20’s and I get the picture that both jobs work you really hard, so I know how you feel.

I would find a new job right away though. The longer your off the horse the harder it is to get back on.

2 Likes

I currently get SSI. I haven’t looked into unemployment yet.

Wish you lots of luck with your job seach.

1 Like

I thought of applying there when I’m well enough. Is it true you’re only allowed very short bathroom breaks? What were your managers like?

1 Like

Well I worked at a sortation center. Our warehouse wasnt as crazy as the ones that were being reported in the news but it still was crazy. We had bathroom breaks but every entry level employee was forced to scan a minimum of 140 packages an hour or you get in trouble.

Managers were strict because they want to keep the productivity levels up and have the whole warehouse scan as many packages as they can. So basically they overworked you.

2 Likes

How was the pay?

1 Like

Sounds like a toxic environment :chipmunk::chipmunk::chipmunk:

2 Likes

They started you off as $11, then $12 once you become permanent. But now everyone gets paid $15 an hour due to the recent company raise.

2 Likes

I Heard that Amazon treats their workers like crap.

4 Likes

I had a couple of cool managers but some were really strict and always got on your case for certain things.

1 Like

OK, thanks…………………

1 Like

@houseofstark
I hope you find a new one soon! I know it can be tedious filling out applications.

1 Like

Don’t you just LOVE how the reward for being a hard worker is your work plus the work of some lazy b4str4d who still manages to make the same as you?

4 Likes

Don’t worry you’ll find another job I’m sure.

1 Like