I qualify!

I just did my intake and I qualify for more services where I go for psychiatric care! I’m so happy about that. I can have transportation, case mgt, peer support, and clubhouse. I might also qualify for group therapy.

7 Likes

Hey that’s great news @CoCo! Congratulations!

Good going @CoCo!
That’s wonderful!

1 Like

Yeah, congrats on qualifying @CoCo! Life just got a lot easier.

1 Like

What is clubhouse? We don’t have that here in the USA. I don’t think

Great news :sunny:

1 Like

I think we have that, or something similar at least, here in SC. It’s like a day program where you go for activities and socializing. I’ve never been though.

2 Likes

Clubhouse sounds great!!!

1 Like

That sounds like really good news

1 Like

I’m in the USA. There are Clubhouse’s for the mentally ill all over the us. Go to https://clubhouse-intl.org/what-we-do/what-clubhouses-do/. You can find one near you. But you have to be on Medicaid usually in order to qualify.

1 Like

I’m on Medicare. Do you have to be 65 to get Medicaid?

There are no clubhouses near me but I make way too much money to get Medicaid.

Congratulations. :balloon:

1 Like

Do you work Tomcat?

I’m on Medicare too and not Medicaid. The place I go received a grant and that’s how I got to do an intake to see if I qualify. To be on Medicaid, you need to earn below a certain income to qualify. You can also only have $2000 in assets. They don’t count 1 house and 1 car per family.

No I don’t work but I am retired and get 2 disability checks and own a rental home so I make too much money. But I have insurance through my job that I am retired from plus Medicare and can go to the VA so health care costs me nothing. If I get my meds through the VA they are free too.

But we don’t have any kind of clubhouse here.

2 Likes

really cool

enjoy!

did you serve @TomCat we fight for this, all the time in my state.

1 Like

I am a retired US Marine.

4 Likes

Thanks for your service @TomCat

1 Like

@Loke. At clubhouse you do a work order day. Everyone has a job to do. Plus, there are outings and activities at the clubhouse

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.