I preferred being cold and selfish to this

I went through a phase of being cold and selfish for a few months. I think I want it back.

Basically I’m trying to fatten up a scrawny stray cat who’s breaking my heart to see. I don’t handle seeing animals-in-need very well.

Where’s that “lack of emotions” when you need it?

I was actually getting used to being cold and selfish. No joke. It’s like I was insulated.

I know what you mean…
It would be really, really nice… to genuinely feel nothing.
Just yesterday I went through a rather brief “psychopathic” phase. where I felt literally nothing, just a cold, comfortable, inner black void… I think I was possessed, actually. That’s the only reason I felt that way. Now I’m imploding. And exploding, just a bit, just enough so that it’s noticeable, but overlookable, even though that’s not a word.
I want to be psychopathic again…

1 Like

What are you feeding it, and are you sure it’s actually eating it?
Is it putting on any weight?

When we had too many stray cats before and the uh hem, kindly next door neighbor lady “Took care of them so I wouldn’t have to feed them again,” I swore I’d never feed another one so she could catch and kill it.

Then along came this skinny kitten (neighbor already got the mother) who I refused to feed.
I tried to shoo it away, explaining what would happen, but it would stare at me pleading with big eyes.
Nope, I closed the curtains.
Next day I was leaving the house and say this tiny kitten up on top the garbage toter trying to paw out any scrap to eat!

I broke my vow right there and ran back inside to fix it a bowl of chicken mixed with cat food and called it over to eat.

Kitty hungry face melts my cruel heart every time.

2 Likes

What are you feeding it, and are you sure it’s actually eating it?
Is it putting on any weight?

Feeding it tinned cat food I bought in jelly. It’s eating it. It’ll probably take a month before I notice if it’s put on any weight. Giving it milk as well.

It came back today for a second feed. So it’s looking optimistic.

Kitty hungry face melts my cruel heart every time

Yes. Same happened here.

2 Likes

No you are doing a good deed @everhopeful.
I would do the same thing.
I can’t stand seeing others suffer, especially children and animals.

2 Likes

Not cows milk I hope, I made the mistake at first of giving a 4 week old kitten a bottle (a tiny baby bottle) of cows milk, and I learned real fast why not to do this.
Poor baby had the poopiest diarrhea for the next few days…had to give it a few baths in the sink…ew.

Water is better than milk, but if you can afford kitten replacement milk, that’s the best. It was about $17usd, and in a powdered form in a can.

2 Likes

Yikes. Thanks for the tip.

1 Like

We have cats galore around here wondering around, they look fed though

2 Likes

@everhopeful When you get the powdered cat formula measure it and pour the mixture with water into a zip lock bag. Put a few of those in the fridge and microwave them for a few seconds to warm them. Get a bottle that comes with a nipple. Feed him/her every 3 to 5 hours. I know this sounds like a lot, but it is worth it to keep him healthy.

2 Likes

Maybe put a collar on it so people will not think it is a feral kitten. It has someone taking care of it now.

1 Like

I feel your pain. You’re doing the right thing. Too bad there are so many stray animals out there. I hope she gains weight soon. Looks like you may have a pet.