I played my repertorie of beautiful music tonight

I play the piano and keyboard. I was practicing tonight and these are all the pieces I played:

Sleepers Awake- Johannes Sebastian Bach
Arietta- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Hard Day’s Night- John Lennon and Paul McCartney
Smoke Get’s in Your Eyes- Otto Harbach and Jerome Kern
Ain’t Misbehavin’- Andy Razaf, Thomas Waller and Harry Brooks
Fascination- Dick Manning and F.D. Marchetti
Farandole- Georges Bizet

5 Likes

Awesome @SkinnyMe - ‘Sleepers Awake’ - so beautiful.

1 Like

Thank you, @Tomasina.

1 Like

I am slowly building up my repertoire of performable pieces as I learn them. I can’t commit these pieces to memory as my cognitive status and memory are way too poor for that. I have to refer to the scores to play the pieces. Anyway, if I am going to be a busker, I’m going to have to build up my repertoire of performable pieces, that’s for sure. If I did it, it would be part time.

That’s really lovely @SkinnyMe.

1 Like

Any way, I wouldn’t be a busker for money, although that would be a perk. I would be doing it for the experience of playing in front of the public. And playing a lot. I could get over my performance anxiety and get a lot of practice in.

1 Like

Yes, it’s a good idea. Do you require a license to busk in your area?

1 Like

From what I read about it no. You just have to sign up.

That helps a lot! Playing at Farmer’s Markets is another idea.

That’s what I’d be doing. Playing at a Farmers Market in downtown Omaha called the “Old Market district”.

It sounds like a great opportunity!

1 Like

Yes, I think so. I’m just not ready to do it just yet. My repertoire need to build up to more pieces that I can play. I need at least another year or so. Possibly more.

1 Like

No worries - take your time and enjoy the journey @SkinnyMe. Music progression isn’t linear anyway - so I hear.

1 Like

Thank you for your interest and encouragement, @Tomasina. It’s very appreciated.

You’re welcome - anytime @SkinnyMe. Pls keep us posted on your evolving repertoire, if you like. :notes:

1 Like

I sure will. I can keep you guys regularly posted on the pieces I am working on and adding to my repertoire if you like. That would be no problem. Thanks for your interest.
Do you play an instrument @Tomasina?

1 Like

Great @SkinnyMe We look forward to hearing more about your musical adventures. Unfortunately, SzA negatives and chronic migraines are keeping me much out of the music loop these days. I hope that will change soon. Thanks for asking! :slight_smile:

That is great!

I like to play piano too.
I played Bach’s Praeludium 1 BWV 846 a few days ago.
I learned piano as a kid but can’t play much now.

That’s awesome! I play guitar and write music

1 Like

That’s so sad @bananatto. I think it’s sad when people lose their musical abilities.