I only see the pdoc as needed

As above. I just saw the new one a week or so ago to get the dosage of my Ability upped to 15mg. Before that I saw the old one in June, and he upped the dosage to 10mg.

Weekly, I see a Certified Licensed Social Worker who does 30 minutes of psychotherapy and attend a group therapy for an hour. It’s geared towards recovery from substance abuse. With me it’s alcohol.

My psychiatric care provider is a charity, not-for-profit organization. They take uninsured indigents. Their funding comes from clients with insurance, grants, and donations. They operate on a shoe-string budget.

The latest cut back is a Medical Assistant instead of a Nurse. A cheaper employee.

My next pdoc appointment will be in Oct 2021(yearly i.e) . Negative symptoms will be explored then.

1 Like

Those that see a pdoc monthly or quarterly are lucky.

I want to see my pdr less but he wants me to see him every month. Sometimes I skip apts on purpose so I see him less often like in 2 months.

1 Like

The psychiatrist and meds dont help at all with my severe negative symptoms.

2 Likes

I’m not sure of what all the negative symptoms are. Not being motivated to do anything is one I think. The other is lack of hygiene? I have trouble sleeping at times. The Nashville bombing has me stirred up.

I’m also flat emotionally.

1 Like

There comes a point when what pdocs focus on doesn’t apply that much. Does that mean you’re functioning well? - not necessarily . It just means you’re less overtly symptomatic Social difficulties can dominate with chronic , as opposed to acute, SMI. ,especially if you have ASD alongside the SMI. When you get to that stage the time between appointments becomes much longer than when you were first a psych patient.

2 Likes

Hi Aziz! I agree, my psychiatrist and the Risperdal don’t help my negative symptoms. But I just now started dissolving my Risperdal in water before drinking it and that has stopped the Risperdal from making my negative symptoms worse.

1 Like

PS I think it’s better on my kidneys to dissolve the meds in water before drinking them.

1 Like

i see my pdoc once every 2 months now, it changes though, when things get really bad then i email him or my mum calls him and then i see him more often.

1 Like

The last time my visits were six months apart, but I’ve gone several years without seeing him. It’s a matter of cost for my psychiatric care provider. Thanks for sharing.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.