I no longer fit into society

Come on, it’s quite obvious I have Asian ancestry compared to most other people on here who have European ancestry.

Well it’s not visible and no one cares about your race tbh

There are perceptions and prejudices about being a certain ethnicity. There is also a social construct of how certain racial groups are perceived. The stigma is there. :slightly_smiling_face:

If you don’t care, no one cares.

I guess it depends on the person then. Some care, some don’t care.

1 Like

:joy:

Trust me, people who care are not worthy of discussing. Don’t bother with it much. Just try to keep an open mind when conversing with others. Each culture has different traditions and social conduct to a certain extent. So just be aware of those. No one really cares about the way you actually look. Asian or whatever

1 Like

Oh yeah, culture, language, traditions, behavior, habits and tendencies are very evident when comparing and contrasting different racial groups. How you look matters depends on where you are as in which continent.

Lots of cool people on this thread. I feel backwards in a sense that I enjoy my own company. I kicked alot of toxic people in my life to the curb. I’m getting better at saying No to those who spitefully use me. But I think we are more capable than we believe when it comes to building positive relationships. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I kinda fit into the society I’m in now but I don’t fit into the one I used to be in.

1 Like

my mom and brother have attached earlobes which are asian. i have native american teeth, unibrow and a long second toe. mathematically if there was one biracial family a thousand years ago and they had a few children every thirty years then by now everyone is black, brown, white and yellow.

1 Like

I never fit in either. I only had one child and that was enough for me. It was probably too much, but, I didn’t know that until after he was born. Anyway, I didn’t make that mistake again. I adored my one child though. Even though I did a lot of things wrong. No parent is perfect. My child is dead today. I am left with no one but a sister who ignores me, and a brother who lives far away, in another state, and who never contacts me. Which is all ok because I prefer to be solitary anyway.

2 Likes

I thought im srewed but in my case things changed for the better…more suitable for me in time.

I didnt have any friends all adulthood…and recently im not upset about it…i found a way to be over it…and when that happened i wasnt so stressed out about not having friends…and i started to make friends.

Maybe you are stressed out about being different…but if you are over it mentally…thenstep by step you are gonna start to see that …

1. Its ok
  2. You are just like everyone else…someone else

Well just for the record, you seem like a nice, cool person and you more-than-fit in here.

I think SZ people are the unacknowledged legislators of the world.

Think of how many of us are creative and artistic.

William Blake believed himself a “prophet,” and James Joyce was one of his followers.

Of course we fit into society: we create it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.