I never knew what anyone was going to do

How does one develop trust when one has been hurt?

1 Like

Sorry to use a cliche, but you really do get over it with time. Also, you get a better sense of who to trust and who not to trust as you get older.

Also, I don’t want to be trusted with more responsibility than I can handle.

1 Like

I know the feeling. I’m a mum and my trans daughter is about to go off to University. I’ve muddled through it and think that at least she knows what she wants to do and is sorting it out. I’ll always be a mum and never stop feeling responsible. It can be scarey stuff for sure. That’s why I don’t have pets as well. Some how I’ve managed to get through it and we have a good relationship. Sorry to ramble.I’m sure you can handle a lot more than you think you can.

I was a scapegoat and felt I had to fail in order for my mother to have someone to punish. This has interfered with my efforts to believe in myself and excel more than anything else. It is deeply embedded in my personality that I must fail. This is also due to family shame. No easy way out.

You know there is no easy way. You have to risk it and that also goes with trust, do you trust this person enough to risk being hurt again? These questions you must ask your self. Trust is a big risk we all have to do or else we would live in a world of isolation. I hope you learn to trust again, be safe!

There was no trust within the family where children are more or less captive. I know a little about trust here at the home, though.

1 Like

A major trust in my parents was broken when they lied and said the doctor didn’t hurt me. That was the end of the loving “us”.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.