Schizophrenia.com

I need to lose 50 lbs soon

i am so grossly out of shape and overweight as well.

i wish i could get it together and do the right things so i could lose the pounds already.

i need to do what i know how to but don’t do it.

the dr.s tell me exercise is my answer. i am trying but am slow at it.

i am so unhappy with myself over this.

judy

1 Like

I’m back dieting and losing weight slowly. I’m calorie counting. I’ve downloaded a calorie counting app. Maybe you could try that ?

1 Like

thanks everhopeful. i estimate calories to myself but i am still overweight.

good luck to you everhopeful.

judy

2 Likes

What is the app you use? I’d like something like that to assist with my weight loss.

1 Like

I know what you mean Judy. I start off alright but end up falling off the cart after about a week.

1 Like

If you’re estimating calories and not measuring it’s likely you’re getting a lot more than you think you are.

3 Likes

Its for android

1 Like

I like the LoseIt! app. Its more user friendly then my fitness pal.

2 Likes

@led is right. I used to estimate calories and it turned out I was getting it very wrong.

3 Likes

Join an exercise program right now that will help you by making you accountable in front of others. It’s the peer support and accountability that makes a huuuge difference. Also, expect it to take many months as rapid weight loss isn’t healthy and generally doesn’t last long.

2 Likes

I agree with Mr Squirrel. Well if a whole group is too intimidating you could find an accountability buddy to do excerise with, even just 15 minutes is really good :slight_smile:

1 Like

You need to overcome the psychological barrier of motivating yourself to exercise daily and eat nutritiously. 50lbs is a lot of weight to lose and would take at 5 months to shed if going by a 10lbs/month schedule.

1 Like

It takes a long time to lose 50 pounds. Trust me, I’ve done it.

Also, you wouldn’t want to lose it fast. Generally (but not always) the longer the weight takes the come off the more likely you are to keep the weight off.

This gives you time for your ‘habits’ (eating/exercising) to change. This is the worst part really. Changing habits is a really hard thing to do.

Start slow.

One other good thing is when you exercise it’ll release the ‘feel good’ chemicals in your brain.

Exercise had changed my life.

3 Likes

I’ve decided to just let it all go

I’m about 80 lbs. over my ideal weight. When I got out of jail in Jackson, TN I weighed a hundred pounds less than I do now. I looked like Bruce Lee. I was nowhere near as bad as Bruce Lee, but that was what I looked like when I took off my shirt.

thank you all so much for all your encouraging words. i am really going to try.

good luck to us all!!!

judy