I need to join a gym

I’m thinking I’ll rejoin Planet Fitness. Maybe just get a basic membership; I was a black card member before, but I hardly ever made use of the black card perks. Last I knew, a basic membership was $10/month.

I need to start doing cardio again. I’ll do a little strength training and ab work, but cardio is the big thing. The weight simply is not coming off; I like food too much. I want to lose at least 25 pounds, and that’s simply not going to happen without exercise.

I quit the gym after I wrecked my back, but my back is doing much better now, and I just have to keep my workouts more moderate.

My cardio is simply rapid inclined walking on the treadmill. The last workout I had before my back went completely out of whack, I did 8 1/2 miles of that. That’s too much, apparently. I’ll start slow, like doing two miles.

6 Likes

I’m glad your back is doing better. Yeah, I pay 10 bucks at planet fitness. It does me so good. I just walk fast on the treadmill for 30 to 60 minutes and maybe some weights after. It helps my mood especially through the winter. I try to go every day

1 Like

Yeah, I like Planet Fitness. A good workout always put me in a better mood.

You can do exercises that will strengthen your core, which will also strengthen your back.

Source: I also have back problems. Every doctor and therapist I’ve seen has told me to strengthen my core.

2 Likes

Very good advice Lola

2 Likes

If you’ve the coin then a fitness tracker really has helped me with my motivation and helped me reach my goals. You can pick up a relatively cheap one to do the basics like heart rate, steps etc. Really has helped me increase my output and gives me some good solid guidelines to my exercise routines.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.