Schizophrenia.com

I need to get out the house more

I go for walks in nature. I walk to the grocery store. I walk to my pdoc, health insurance office. And in two weeks I will start walking to my Spanish class. That’s it.

2 Likes

Your question inspires me. I’m too stuck in my routines. All I see is my allotment and my apartment.

Is there any scenery, park or tourist spot in your area you haven’t seen lately?

I’m thinking about taking the train to Sweden and going for a walk in the city of Malmö, it’s 30 minutes away by train from Copenhagen.

2 Likes

Yeah, there are a number of parks. I think I am going to take that suggestion and take my dog to one soon.

2 Likes

I’m guessing it’s not so much about the actually getting out of the house thing but it seems you have issues with the social aspects of being out and about. If so, so do I. I’ve molded a lot of my life to get around that issue.

So I wonder if you are looking for a solitary activity that involves minimal people interaction.

Well my first idea is to take an interest in nature. Can be as simple as hiking a short trail with your dog. Also be on the lookout for birds or insects or rocks or whatever floats your boat so bring a cheap pair of binoculars or whatever equipment you need. I highly suggest this because I love it and it’s low people anxiety.

:dog2::chicken::bird:

1 Like

Thanks Skunky!

1 Like