Schizophrenia.com

I need stimuli

In sz there is an overload of some sort of stimuli, causing hallucinations, delusions, and, worst of all, psychosis. It may be dopamine stimuli. Then the control of those stimuli (with medications) results in loss of other stimuli we need to be active, alert, and energetic. To best we seem to be able to do is trade off one for the other, so we feel like a 4 on a 1 to 10 scale, and we have apathy and mild depression. It seems we need to bring stimuli into focus. In engineering they talk about the ratio of stimuli to noise. That is good stimuli to distractions.
One way to improve stimuli without too many side effects is caffeine.
Coffee has 95-150 or 200 mg in a cup.
Tea has 14-70 mg in a cup.
The half life of caffeine is 6 hours.
I have coffee in the morning and tea in the evening.

Caffeine is great. I’m also on ADHD stimulant known as Vyvanse.

It’s not perfect, but it helps.

That catch phrase I used from engineering should be “signal to noise.”

Is the overload of stimuli due to having been threatened?

Listening to music is helping me a bit.

I can’t do coffee or tea. I begin to abuse them.

So true. Getting motivated is a hard one where stimuli is dulled down due to the medication. I usually have at least 2 cups of coffee in the morning, then i switch to tea in the evening.

Thank you for all of your replies. I don’t think I wrote that very well. I was sitting and thinking and I latched on an idea that “fascinated” me. This is a bad habit (getting fascinated). This is part of my particular illness.
But you all respected the message and replied. Again, thank you.

I sit with my sunlight box, for hours a day. :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses: