I need benztropine

I’m restless and I shake my legs a lot. I’ve got to call my caseworker tomorrow. Not a useless thread. I’ve always been sensitive to side effects of atypical aps. Perphenazine is a darn typical one. Anyone have to have benztropine for side effects here?

Benztropine must be dangerous because my pdoc will cut it off after a month or two.

I used it while on Latuda for akathisia, Latuda akathisia prevented me from sleeping or woke me up in the middle of the night, now I take it when needed with Risperdal, never needed it yet.

Akathisia made me constantly and unconsciously move my hands and feets awkwardly like in a circle manner. Benzatropine 2-4mg stopped the akathisia.

1 Like

I was like that when akathisia happens:

1 Like

Benztropine is a good med. I was on a huge dose of Haldol while in the hospital a few years ago (40mg, I’d take a 20mg pill in the morning and a 20mg pill at night) and it gave me a horrible tremor and akathisia so bad I wanted to die. I got put on benztropine 4mg and that helped a ton with both o these.

1 Like

I wish he would prescribe me some. I’m gonna call my cw in the am.

1 Like

I take it. 2mg at night and 1mg in the morning. It helps a lot

1 Like

We’re talking about cogentin, right?
I’ve been taking since 1983. For side effects from prolixen years ago and now resperidone. When I stopped taking it on prolixen my limbs got really stiff.

1 Like

Yes I need a dose of benztropine every night for Seroquel induced akathisia.

1 Like

My nurse practitioner called me back I was surprised. 1mg of benztropine delivered today. Yay!

1 Like

I started having hand tremors and have .5 mg prescribed but I don’t think it has arrived yet, I will check now.

1 Like

Yay, it showed up, hopefully I get little to no side effects from it and it helps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.